What's new

Rice's video ScreenUpdateSetting

marcelo_20xx

I want to add this Rice's only feature to the other Glide64 plugins, particularly the ScreenUpdateSetting: VI origin update, since it gives me the smoothest frame rate in all the games I tested so far without too many bugs. But I am stuck and need some help.

So far in Rice's video this function is located in video.cpp "static void UpdateScreenStep2 (void)" function, line 199...

And its closest equivalent in Glide64 video's Main.cpp "EXPORT void CALL UpdateScreen (void)" function, line 1489

Any thoughts? thanks in advance...

UPDATE:
Finally I was able to add this option to the Glide64Final plugin by making a simple change to the source, hard part was gathering the necessary libraries for the plugin to compile

Here is a link to the file if anyone wants to test it: Glide64Final

I tested for almost 6 hours on Mario Kart 64 with Project64 2.2, Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2, N-Rage Input Plugin V2 2.3c and RSP Plugin 1.7.0.9 on counter factor=1. The game runs beautifully smooth no more random stutters after a while.

The change in question is on the Main.cpp of the Glide64 source:

//*/
if (settings.swapmode == 0)
newSwapBuffers ();
}

for this:

//*/
//if (settings.swapmode == 0)
rdp.updatescreen = 1;

newSwapBuffers ();
}

Forgot to add that you MUST set the "Buffer Swapping Control" to "Old" and uncheck "Buffer Clear on every frame", else you will get slowdown or flickering in most games...

If you are still getting flickering, you MUST set the Buffer-flipping mode to "OGL_FORCE_BLIT_ON" in Nvidia Inspector, if you don't have this program then download it, it's totally worthy...

Last edited: