What's new

Demul 5.7 - Can't see games in list when trying to host a netplay session.

segafan

Whenever hosting an online game, the game never shows up in the kaillera hosting window games list.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure this out. My friend and I play a lot of single player games over the net a couple of states away, and Demul 5.6 constantly desyncs every couple of seconds, making any game we have tested other than Sonic Adventure unplayabale. SA desyncs as well, but apparently only after cutscenes so we managed to play the entire game with just a few reconnects here and there. But for other games, it becomes a more serious issue.

We can't run 5.8 due to having IntelHD graphics cards, so I wanted to give 57 a shot. Problem is whenever either one of us goes to host a game, they never appear in the kaillera list at the hosting window. I tried typing in the game name manually, and it still says "pick a valid game". This was never an issue in 56, and also not an issue in any of the 58 versions.

Now I figured out a work around to make the game appear in the list, but it causes Demul to crash. If I close the kaillera window, then stop the emulator, and go to File>Run Dreamcast again, the game then shows up in the list, as it should. Unfortunately every time I do that, Demul immediately crashes as soon as the game loads, or if it doesn't, the game runs like a slideshow.

Any ideas how to fix either one of those issues? Either making the games show up on the list to begin with, or preventing Demul from crashing if I stop emulation and then restart it?