What's new

Pre-compiled third-party plugins

Net_Bastard

So I looked at the third-party plugins for Mupen64Plus and noticed that they're all uncompiled. But I heard that certain third-party plugins are the best if you want the most accurate emulation. I know how to compile a program, but I don't really feel like it (yeah, i know i'm lazy). So can I have some pre-compiled Windows versions of the third-party plugins?

The plugins that I want specifically are these:

z64 video plugin

cxd4 RSP plugin

Thank you.

V1del

You could download the Windows Package of m64py it has all plugins included. Btw if you really know how to compile it would've been much faster to just have done so instead of waiting for an answer :p

OP
N

Net_Bastard

oh my god... sorry, i didn't sleep much on that day so i didn't know how to navigate the website to find the pre-compiled .dll files. it was late at night and i decided to set up mupen64plus because the emulation general wiki said that that specific set of plugins was the best for accuracy.

also i actually didn't know how to compile source code at the time of writing that, i do now after following a tutorial. i lied so that i'd sound more respectable.

i feel really ridiculous now. i was searching high and low for those

EDIT: I'm getting an error in the console for both plugins when I choose them with the cfg: "UI-Console Error: LoadLibrary (*/file directory/*/[plugin names].dll) error: (null)

And then it just loads the ROM in the plugin setup I had before. What do I do?

Last edited:

V1del

Did you put them in the correct folder? Did you try accessing them with the full path? e.g. "mupen64plus --gfx /path/to/pluginfolder/mupen64plus-video-z64.dll --rsp /path/to/pluginfolder/mupen64plus-rsp-cxd4.dll yourROM.n64" (without quotation marks ofc) Windows cmd can be a real ***** so maybe you'd prefer using a GUI but that's just me :p

OP
N

Net_Bastard

I already tried using 2 frontends. m64py doesn't let me launch it (i click the executable and nothing happens, even finishing the installer with "launch m64py" checked does nothing), wxMupen64plus spits out error messages whenever I try to change the plugins from the default Rice with the HLE RSP plugin, and most of the other ones are either dead projects or not very good.

Here's what my cfg looks like:

[UI-Console]

# Mupen64Plus UI-Console config parameter set version number. Please don't change this version number.
Version = 1
# Directory in which to search for plugins
PluginDir = "C:\file\directories\Mupen64Plus"
# Filename of video plugin
VideoPlugin = "mupen64plus-video-z64.dll"
# Filename of audio plugin
AudioPlugin = "mupen64plus-audio-sdl.dll"
# Filename of input plugin
InputPlugin = "mupen64plus-input-sdl.dll"
# Filename of RSP plugin
RspPlugin = "mupen64plus-rsp-cxd4.dll"

V1del

Sounds strange, which build did you try to use them with ? the official binary plus plugins from that repo or everything from the repo (including the mupen core library?) maybe that could interfer idk