What's new

Compatibility with GB emulator (for lemmy and Lac)

Anchel

The Xpaniard
This one is for Lemmy or Lac (I hope you read this post):
I don't know if you have been asked this before. Could you do a plugin for the next (or later one) version of Nemu that emulates the transfer pak??
I mean (I don't know if my little english explained it) a way you can use a GB save data (Pokemon Red/blue/yellow for example) and use it to play a N64 rom with it (Pokemon Stadium, for example).
If you can do it , please answer me. If you can't, please wive me a reason, and if you don't want to give me a reason, at least answer. PLEASE!!!!

Anchel

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
I could make a plugin for that i just don't feel like it.... but um what your saying seems like your demanding them to do a plugin for that whether its possible or not is another story am sure you don't mean to sound demanding but it just sounds like it :plain2:

OP
Anchel

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Ruesselschnurps said:
Just a question: Do all the GB EMus out there use the same format for battery saves?
I know that all the GB emus don't use the same battery format for saves. But maybe they are able to find a way to do it

Jsr

Ruesselschnurps said:
Just a question: Do all the GB EMus out there use the same format for battery saves?

I guess it all uses the same format, since the battery save files is just the save ram memory dumped to a binary file. If we say a game has 8k save ram do we get a 8k file with the data of the ram. Its anyway how the NES works, and what I know do GB the same. Probably also the N64 battery saves.

Ruesselschnurps

The Mad Wombat
there are many gb emulators already out.. so who cares if an emu can run another system?
Thats not the point, Anchel asked about a PlugIn to import savegames from the Pokémon Gameboy games to Pokémons Stadium on the N64, as you are able to do it in "real life"!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
i guess its up for someone to do under their new plugin system! :)

ruesselschnurps: for your original question, in general yes. it was awhile ago since ive touched a GBx emu, but as i remembered, i was able to switch saves (the one generated by the game, not the emu's save state) between all major gb emulators (if i remember correctly: no$gmb, rew, boycott, smygb, hellogb)

mojophone

Wouldn't require a plugin at all...

just a save game converter, like the ones that convert save game data from one emu's format to another.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Nonononono.

Well, maybe you could just hack the Pokemon GB and Pokemon Stadium saves and figure out how they store the Pokemon data, and then make a converter, but that doesn't help with the other games which supported the transfer pack, such as Mario Tennis and Perfect Dark.

OP
Anchel

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Perfect dark supported the transfer pak??? I didn't know that...
I only knew about PK stadium and Mario Tennis