What's new

Cant get Project 64 to work!

Urban Monk

Greetings,

First some general system info

I run a
800mhz Intel P3
384 megs SDRAM
ATI Radeon 7500 (I am using the software that came with the card, I have not upgraded my drivers as I do not know which XP drivers would be best)
Windows XP
SB LIVE 128

I do not know too much about glide vs openGL vs 3dfx etc. All I know is I have an ATI Radeon 7500 (powered by ATI)

I seem to always have the same problems when trying to get Project 64 to work for me. ( I have minor problems with 1964 as well but not to the same degree) I have tried both 1.40 and the 1.50 beta version, to no avail

I open P64 and everything is fine. When I click on the "settings.." menu in the GUI I recieve the message "This application has failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. ( I also get this in 1964)

Immediately after I get the message Failed to load C:\games\emulation\n64\emulators\project64\plugin\glide64.dll ( (I do not get this in 1964)

After these two messages come up the Settings menu opens and I can choose which plugins I can use. I ussually use Jabos direct3d7 because this works best in 1964. I have tried all the plugins as well.

Now this is the part that is really different from any other emulation experience. When I try and load a ROM I get the message "Not enough memory for ROM" this happens with all of my roms and I cant figure out anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

P.S.

Where can I get info on RSP and RSP code simulation.

sya64

Rom Finder #-Z
Urban Monk said:

Immediately after I get the message Failed to load C:\games\emulation\n64\emulators\project64\plugin\glide64.dll ( (I do not get this in 1964).

That mean u cannot use that plugin.

PS:The others i forgot about that!:p

OP
U

Urban Monk

Thanx for the reply.
I deleted the Glide64.dll'd and it got rid of the error mesages about glide3x.dll and glide64.dll, but the problem of not being able to load roms still remains!! Everytime I try to load a rom it says "not enough memory for rom" help!

OP
U

Urban Monk

I cant seem to find any driver updates that works for my video card. I Have a card Powered by Radeon 7500. I tried the Official driver from ATI for powered by Radeon cards and The Plutonium XP Driver for The Radeon Family. Both Seemed to mess up my display. They make my screen smaller and compressed into a small rectangle- bassically my display wont fit to the size of the monitor. BTW How do I fix the ROM memory problem?

Thanx

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Urban Monk said:
Thanx for the reply.
I deleted the Glide64.dll'd and it got rid of the error mesages about glide3x.dll and glide64.dll, but the problem of not being able to load roms still remains!! Everytime I try to load a rom it says "not enough memory for rom" help!

lol
You need eVoodoo... but sence you deleted it, i wont waist my time...

BTW, when it says "not enough memory for rom"... You need more vurtual memory....

Last edited:

Shin Nitro

Urban Monk said:
I cant seem to find any driver updates that works for my video card. I Have a card Powered by Radeon 7500. I tried the Official driver from ATI for powered by Radeon cards and The Plutonium XP Driver for The Radeon Family. Both Seemed to mess up my display. They make my screen smaller and compressed into a small rectangle- bassically my display wont fit to the size of the monitor. BTW How do I fix the ROM memory problem?

Thanx
Have you tried chaning your monitors refresh rate? In the display settings in control panel click on settings, advanced, and then monitor and pick one that fits your monitor and looks the best.

sya64

Rom Finder #-Z
Urban Monk said:
Thanx for the reply.

I wasn't mean for DELETE it!:plain2: