What's new

Online gaming suggestions/questions/requests

y0da

Hello.

I spotted your website when I made some research on how to play N64 online without desyncs. It seems that this question isn't solved for now.
I found a guy which has an ambitious project and I really support

h**p://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322322

The fact is the emulator most of all use is an old project64k base on the 1.4 sources.
This is good for SSB but it often desyncs and it doesn't support many games.

Project64 1.6 source is available here and it would be awesome if someone could implement the netplay support in his future release.
h**ps://github.com/mudlord/pj64

With the actual emulators, I found one which desyncs much less and which is called Mupen64++ Beta v0.1.3.12
h**p://www.emulation64.fr/?page=download&id=156

This emulator is compatible with the ownaclient but still desyncs ( far less than pj64)
Unfortunately, the source code is lot and isn't developped anymore
However, the main program it is base on is open source and available here
h**p://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/

I use Mupen64++ Beta v0.1.3.12 with the latest jabo plugins available in this pack (1.6.1 series)
h**p://www.mediafire.com/?xsgpt5i55cw5xep
Lego Racers and Mario tennis graphic glitches are mostly fixed in this plugin release

In order to avoid desyncs, I use the AQZ plugin.
It is way better but you'll have to forward your ports and parties are private (non visible for others)
Also AQZ v0.20 isn't compatible with Mupen64++ Beta v0.1.3.12 and I use v0.13
h**p://www.mediafire.com/?0anz9b0iafgdy2w

So, Mupen64++ Beta v0.1.3.12 + jabo's 1.6.1 plugin series + AQZ netplay 0.13 provides a really stable emulation and supports a lot of games.

There is several ways we can look forward in order to make this more stable and user friendly. The goal is that everyone could see the waiting games (like public games on kaillera) and fix desyncs

Few ideas :

1. Rewrite kaillera source code and fix desyncs
Infos : h**ps://code.google.com/p/p2pkaillera/
h**p://sourceforge.net/projects/emulinker/

2. Use open source emulator and add netplay support
h**p://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/
h**ps://github.com/mudlord/pj64
h**p://code.google.com/p/emu-1964/

3. Modify AQZ to make the games visible to public and not using the forwarding and boring stuff.

I do not have any knowledges in coding but some developer should really take a look to provide working online retrogaming. It would be awesome if we could use the plugin for différent emulators like kaillera (ps1/nes/snes/genesis...)

Best regards