What's new

*BIG* Perfect Dark problem..

Nitrotica

Okay, my specs:

Athlon 1 GHZ
256mb RAM
64mb GeForce2 mx400

Here is my problem:

I play Perfect Dark, and it's a little choppy. I know it's like this for everybody, but every short while (in complex/high poly map locations) everything starts going in slow motion for a few seconds.. Its really annoying. I mean, not low framerate slow motion, but everything starts moving slower.. It's really weird.

It would really help if someone could give me the locations of all the plugins I should be using, or which ones to use.. Thanks.

conkerman

conkerman
use jabo's.. and your specs arent high enough to play it full speed. i have an athlon 1.4ghz and i dont always get ull speed. try disabling sound.. shutting everythign down.. change the CF factor (or is that only 1964?, but it'll be choppy if u do)
it's a very demanding game... likely that a REALLY fast computer will be needed for all the time 100% speed and sound..
so, you're S.O.L., as are we all in regards to full speed-ness
conkerman

OP
N

Nitrotica

I tried just about everything and it still runs in slow motion.. As I said, slow motion. The game is hardly choppy, the framerate is fine, but everything goes slow mo for some reason.

I remember seeing it on my Sega Genesis (heh), when there are too many things happening on the screen the console slows the game down to cope.. I think that's what it's doing here. Maybe if I tried a different emulator? It's just that besides PJ64 they all suck.

If Perfect Dark was converted to a PC professionally (actually released as a PC game), I bet the system requirements would be about a pentium 300 w/ 32mb ram and an 8mb video card. I guess it's because the CPUs differ so much.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Unfortunaly...emulation requires much more.
Besides that, is that the emulation emulate MUCH more than the game would do.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Nitrotica said:
I tried just about everything and it still runs in slow motion.. As I said, slow motion. The game is hardly choppy, the framerate is fine, but everything goes slow mo for some reason.

I remember seeing it on my Sega Genesis (heh), when there are too many things happening on the screen the console slows the game down to cope.. I think that's what it's doing here. Maybe if I tried a different emulator? It's just that besides PJ64 they all suck.

1: check if u have slow-mo on (in the PD's multiplayer setting) theres on/off/smart i think u may have smart on.

2:/quotes GameFAQ
Why does the game slow down in places?
Some parts of the game will have higher system requirements than others, for example larger levels, more enemies on screen - this is normal, the original system also tends to slow down in these situations. You may be able to improve matters by turning off Advanced Block Linking (Options) and anything you do to improve performance generally will help.

3. try 1964 also, for me its quicker for PD.

Slougi

It may be that it has slow down on the real n64. It would give this effect then, as PJ64 does emulate the n64 just as fast as it is in reality.

RJA

The PC Wiz
Nitrotica,

Use CF 3, large compile buffer and don't use sort-independent
anti aliasing.

chronocronic

perfecr dark

umm.....i am runnign perfect dark on a athlon 1.4ghz with a geforce 4 mx 440 64 meg
wonderin if theres ne way to hlp impreove game profromance
the onpengl ran awesome
but the graphics where curropted
ne ideas?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: perfecr dark

chronocronic said:
umm.....i am runnign perfect dark on a athlon 1.4ghz with a geforce 4 mx 440 64 meg
wonderin if theres ne way to hlp impreove game profromance
the onpengl ran awesome
but the graphics where curropted
ne ideas?
Try 1964!