What's new

Failed to remap keyboard key

bel3atar

Hi everyone,
I have mupen64plus 1.99.4 installed on my Ubuntu box and its working fine.
Although, I have a little issue because I'm using a "azerty" keyboard where the "z" key is not aligned with "x" and "c". (Has "w" instead)

I added these lines to mupen64plus.cfg:
[Input-SDL-Control1]
plugged = True
Z Trig = "key(119)"

and still, it doesn't work.
Any ideas?

edit: pastebin.com/j2W7ysmH

Last edited:

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Hello,

The input plugin won't use the configuration in the file unless it is complete and valid, so you can't just add a few lines. You should be able to run a rom with "--saveoptions" to make it write out the full config file, then edit the Z Trig line in the Input-SDL-Control1 section to include the "key(119)" text.

Alternatively, you could also edit the keyboard section in the InputAutoConfig.ini to change the default auto-configured key.

OP
B

bel3atar

Hello,

The input plugin won't use the configuration in the file unless it is complete and valid, so you can't just add a few lines. You should be able to run a rom with "--saveoptions" to make it write out the full config file, then edit the Z Trig line in the Input-SDL-Control1 section to include the "key(119)" text.

Alternatively, you could also edit the keyboard section in the InputAutoConfig.ini to change the default auto-configured key.

The --saveoptions flag doesn't write the Input-SDL-Control1 section in the file for me.
Plus, I can not locate the InputAutoConfig.ini file.

One more thing, you say here code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wiki/GameCompatibility that Mario 64 works fine, but in my laptop the graphics are slow. And it is the case for almost all 3D games.

I have an ATi HD5470, and I'm using the proprietary driver for it.

Last edited:
OP
B

bel3atar

Remapping successful! Thank you guys.

Now does the problem with 3D games exist for everyone or is it just me?