What's new

do u dream about an opengl plugin for n64 emus that has good compatibility?

do u dream about an opengl plugin for n64 emus that has good compatibility?

• Hell yeah.. i'm waiting for a good opengl plugin to drop onto the scene

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • i dont have a geforce card so therefore i dont care

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • what is opengl.. is it the same thing as glide?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CyDEtrakD

ayo,
is it just me or do u dream about an opengl plugin that has good compatibility and utilizes the geforce card to the fullest.. i really dont like direct3d anymore now that i see how fast opengl runs on geforce cards.. direct3d use to be ill back in the day when i had my voodoo card but everything i run using direct3d is slow compared to what i could run in using opengl.. i know its not just me that wants this plugin.. speak up geforce users and who knows some kat might see the demand and code one.

one,
cydetrakd

OP
CyDEtrakD

CyDEtrakD

ayo,
where do i download.. which ones.. good ones as high compatibility and minimum errors?

one,
cydetrakd

sk8bloke22

roll for life
nope, definitely dont dream about n64 plugins, thats just weird.

u can get icepir8's 0.3 plugin from the tr64 forum, but as 1964.0.8.3 was removed, its kinda difficult to get hold of icepir8's 0.4 plugin. dont expect huge compatibility either. its good, and progressing, but dont expect huge compatibility quite so yet.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Please don't spam every forum with the same topic.

/thread moved
/excess threads deleted

OP
CyDEtrakD

CyDEtrakD

hey eagle,
i was just trying to get the poll seen on every topic.. is that a crime.. alot of users just come to the forum for one specific emulator and all i was doing was posting a link to the main poll so i dont see anything wrong with it. the only thing u are doing by moving it all into this topic and is not getting it seen by alot of people.. whats so wrong with getting a poll seen by everyone that visits the nemu, pj64, 1964 forum but dont visit the general discussions.. how about an announcement on every topic concering n64 emulation giving a link to the poll. this poll needs to be done and seen by everyone so we can get a decent opengl plugin.. geforce users are not using thier card's full potentional graphically.

one,
cydetrakd

Last edited:

Slougi

*yawn*
There are several good gfx plugins, in glide, ogl and d3d. You are free to choose. If you are not content with that go write your own plugin.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
CyDEtrakD said:
hey eagle,
i was just trying to get the poll seen on every topic.. is that a crime.. alot of users just come to the forum for one specific emulator and all i was doing was posting a link to the main poll so i dont see anything wrong with it. the only thing u are doing by moving it all into this topic and is not getting it seen by alot of people.. whats so wrong with getting a poll seen by everyone that visits the nemu, pj64, 1964 forum but dont visit the general discussions.. how about an announcement on every topic concering n64 emulation giving a link to the poll. this poll needs to be done and seen by everyone so we can get a decent opengl plugin.. geforce users are not using thier card's full potentional graphically.

one,
cydetrakd

all the votes wont go in the same poll. having one gives you the best results:)

dont worry quite a lot of people visit this forum, not as much as pj's but lots.

btw, ogl does not only benefit nvidia's cards, it has its good points no matter what the manufacturer of the card is.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Well you see, letting one person post the same thread in multiple forums merely opens the floodgate. Next thing you know everyone wants to do it. The reason we have the General Emulation forum is so that if a question or poll or comment doesn't apply to one emulator alone then it can be posted here.

I understand you want everyone to see your post, but if we have ten people post the same thing in every forum, it gets kind of annoying for those of us who frequent every forum. Yes, posting it in every forum may get more people to view it, but if that were a problem, then we wouldn't have multiple forums to begin with, we'd just keep it all in one huge forum.

So, in short, we ask that you choose the one best possible section to place your post under and if people want to reply/vote then they will :thumbsup:

OP
CyDEtrakD

CyDEtrakD

ayo,
i see your point so i wont bug u anymore about it. i just really wish there was a good opengl plugin that utilizes the geforce family of cards to the fullest.

one
cydetrakd