What's new

How to asign input configs to specific controllers?

paulscode

I'm a bit embarrassed to ask, but I'm stumped on this for some reason. I've set up four custom input configurations in InputAutoCfg.ini, and I'd like to assign each to a specific controller number. How is this done programmatically (from the front-end, for example)? Thanks in advance!

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Paulscode, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking about here. The input plugin uses the InputAutoCfg.ini as a 'fall-back' when there is no valid configuration in the core config object. If you want to force some specific configurations, then they should be specified in the mupen64plus.cfg file. This file is loaded into the core config object, and these parameters will be used by the input plugin. If you want to hard-code some things from the front-end application, you could set the core configuration variables before loading the input plugin.

OP
paulscode

paulscode

Sorry for the unintelligent question. Basically what I'm asking is given a set of button mappings specified by the user for each controller through the front-end, how do I tell the core/ input plugin that information? I'd preferably do this through the config files rather than hard-coding it (you mention the Mupen64Plus config file, if thats the right place for this, is the proper syntax documented somewher I missed? (I might just be blind, sorry if this should be obvious!)

Richard42

Emulator Developer
OP
paulscode

paulscode

Perfect, just what I needed. I've used the API documentation a few times, but must have missed that section.

OP
paulscode

paulscode

BTW, I've been wanting to donate to support future development. Is there a link somewhere, or could you PM me your paypal email address?

Richard42

Emulator Developer
BTW, I've been wanting to donate to support future development. Is there a link somewhere, or could you PM me your paypal email address?

I have added a 'donate' link to the front page of our Google Code site. Thank you for your generosity.