What's new

Problems with Limit FPS... Ugly 3d

Tetedeiench

Hello everybody ;)

I've got a problem with Project64... I use it for playing Banjo & kazooie, with Jabo's plugin ( DirectX7 + sound + controller ).

In fact, the emulation in itself is really great, except the smoothness of it...

I've got the same problems as when you disable V-sync... the framerate is high, but there is artifacts when moving, some deformations... it's really noticeable in the intro ...

And while playing :(

I've tried a lot of video plugins, audio plugin, and still have got this problem.

But when I disable "Limit FPS", and use no audio plugin ( to make it run without problem, as the game runs really fast without limit FPS), The emulation is just perfect...

I've concluded it came from this feature, limit FPS, that don't choose the right frame to display, or choose them badly, or even cause the V-sync to be lost.

I can lower this effect by surcarhging my womputer of graphics options... 4x FSAA, etc... and get the framerate lower, thus the problems tends to disappear... but is stuill really noticeable :/

Here's what I'm using :

Tbird 1.3 Ghz FSB200 @ 1.5 Ghz FSB 266
Leadtek GeForce3 "Classic" (non Ti, the first one) @ 220/540
512 Mo SDR PC 133 CAS 222
Asus A7V133
hercules Fortissimo II

It's really enough to make PJ64 run I think...

What can I do to fix this problem ?

PS : excuse my poor english, I'm french, and he's really far from perfect... that's why I'm going to study one year in oklahoma ;)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Why do all people ask forgivness of their bad english?
Anyway, the jerkiness in the beginning, the out-of-sync video is a known issue and cannot be fixed. The rest of the game, however, is smooth. At east I think.

1964 has this problem fixed, too. It's an emulator.

OP
T

Tetedeiench

I will try to describe better the problem...

Let us admit a basic scene, where we see a vertical line in 3d... I kow you never see this but it's for describing ;)

it looks like this :

|
|
|

When you're moving the line, you should see this, if it is correctly done :

frame 1 :
|
|
|

frame 2 :
-|
-|
-|

frame 3:
--|
--|
--|

But it's not what I see when I'm moving. I see this :

frame 1 :
|
|
|

frame 2 :
-|
-|
|

frame 3 :
--|
--|
--|

Please take the - as spaces, this forum seems to shrink them down...

You see in the frame 2 ? The bootom of the line hasn't moved but is drawed like this...

A synchronisation problem :/

I've played a little with my detonator's properties (activated the V-sync, disabled it, etc) without any success... ( I'm using the 28.84 ones)

Thanks for your help ;)

OP
T

Tetedeiench

Doomulation said:
Why do all people ask forgivness of their bad english?
Anyway, the jerkiness in the beginning, the out-of-sync video is a known issue and cannot be fixed. The rest of the game, however, is smooth. At east I think.

1964 has this problem fixed, too. It's an emulator.

Thanks !

Thus it cannot be fixed ? :(

Well, I've to admit I didn't go any firther that the very beginning ( just when banjo run outside his house)... and I haven't tried any other rom yet ( I'm gonna do it soon).

Thus this problem occurs only in the beginning of this game ? Strange...

I'm gonna try some more roms to see if yoou're ruight, and in any case thanks for your help ;)

I'm asking forgivenes for my english because I know He's really far from perfect, and I don't want to be rude. I like polite people, thus I'm polite with others ;)