What's new

Loading hi-res textures on OS X

onigami

Heyo. So I'm playing around with Mupen64Plus, and I thought of adding a texture pack to one or two games. When I looked at the instructions, saw this:
Somebody said:
To install a high-resolution texture pack for a game, all that you need to do is unzip the archive and put the extracted directory full of images into the right place. On Linux and OSX, this is usually /home/<username>/.local/share/mupen64plus/hires_texture.
I am assuming the OS X equivalent for this is /users/<username>/.local/share/mupen64plus/hires_texture (/home is inaccessible below a certain point in terminal).
Here's my question: Is there any way I can access this specific directory in Finder? /users/<username>/.local does exist, but I can only seem to access it from terminal (I suspect Unix-style directories such as /.local seem to be locked out of purview by Apple), and I do not want to write a bunch of command line stuff just so I can move a texture pack into an area I can't access normally.
If I cannot, how do I go about changing the default texture pack directory into a directory I can access normally?

q00u

It's been a while since I was on 10.5, but in 10.6 to get to a hidden directory, you can use Finder | Go | Go to folder. No command line stuff necessary!

I got the Cel-shaded OoT texture pack loaded successfully less than an hour ago, so I know it works on 10.6.8 with wxMupen64Plus 0.2 at least.