What's new

Help with plugging in power cord,reset cord,etc. to motherboard!

garboy

Some One
I know where to plug them into the motherboard but theres a side of each plug with writing on it(i.e. it says what the cord is i.e.power sw)im wondering if it matters which way the side with writing on it faces on the motherboard,cuz i heard if you plug it in wrong,it could fry your mb

Eagle

aka Alshain
Plugging them in backward won't harm the computer any. If you press the power button and nothing happens, then they are backward. Same goes for the speaker, reset, etc.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Wait are you talking about the little black plugs that power the switches and lights and such or the plug that connects the power supply to the mobo? Anyhow, for the LED plugs and the Powe/Reset Switch and the Speaker, generally the writing faces outward where it can be read. if you have the pins lined up in two rows, then the plugs backs will face each other.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Ok, I read what I said and ints confusing

Say the "." are the pins in two rows

Writing faces this side
Writing Doesn't face this side
Writing faces this side

Does this make sense at all?

OP
G

garboy

Some One
ok thanks a lot,i plugged in all those little blacks plugs so all they writing is facing outward :) And for the power supply(ATX)I just plug the big white plug that has 20 pins from the power to the other big white thing with 20 pins thats on the motherboard right?

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yeah, the power supply is pretty simple, it should snap into place if its in the correct way.