What's new

Demul on hold?

cable104

The word from mameworld is that the Demul Devs are on a break. There a a couple of sugested reasons. First that they are pissed off at they guy who leaked the beta version. The other is inhouse political fighting, this seams to be the most likely reason. Well if its true lets hope it gets sorted out soon!

scraggles69

who really cares???
i think people have lost interest in this emulator a long time ago
they should have just stuck with the Dreamcast side and left the arcade side out of it

OP
C

cable104

who really cares???
i think people have lost interest in this emulator a long time ago
they should have just stuck with the Dreamcast side and left the arcade side out of it

There are a lot of people who ask about it's progress in many different forums. Personally i dont use it for dreamcast because i think Null Dc is still better than it. (not for naomi)

NGboo

I use it for Atomiswave, since there are no other emulators that run those games well, so I hope that they'll sort out everything and release a new build soon.

scraggles69

this was from CaH4e3 at the mameworld forums

"progress was "stopped" before the leak, because of nothing to show is left currently. there is no new dumps or something, cave emulated by 98% with sound, so there is no things left to do lol

model3 is just for fun, if it goes emulated by himself, it's good, if not, let it to more experienced and more familiar with hw people like Bart, which can do better for now"

What does he mean nothing left to do ??
oh wait i forgot the Dreamcast side of it is near perfect (NOT)

adenin

this was from CaH4e3 at the mameworld forums

"progress was "stopped" before the leak, because of nothing to show is left currently. there is no new dumps or something, cave emulated by 98% with sound, so there is no things left to do lol

model3 is just for fun, if it goes emulated by himself, it's good, if not, let it to more experienced and more familiar with hw people like Bart, which can do better for now"

What does he mean nothing left to do ??
oh wait i forgot the Dreamcast side of it is near perfect (NOT)

WTF does this mean ?!Than why dont they just release the 0.5.7 wip with all new playable atomiswave and Cave dumps,just rlease it and than don't work on the demul if you don't want to.

OP
C

cable104

I asked, Does that mean you have sorted all problems with the naomi 2 games? You guys have done amazing things with demul, what will have to happen with your emulator for a new release to be ready?

He replied:

nope, naomi2 still untouched... there is some major issues to work with, and summer in progress, etc.. so i don't know

adenin

"...and summer in progress.." what does this guy mean again ,realy i can't understand what is this guy saying .

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Probably they have better things to do, than working on an emulator, while the sun is shining and the weather is great?
Give them a break, there will be more progress in the wintertime, you know.

OP
C

cable104

I think theres a bit of poor translation from his native russian to english when the posted that because he admites himself that there still a lot to do with Naomi 2 but I understand what you mean

capcomander

I could never get Demul to work anyway, not on my laptop of a few years ago and still not on my far more powerful desktop so it's no big deal to me. My main concern is getting it to work so I can enjoy the currently playable games.