What's new

Apple Sues Samsung over copying THEIR stuff

Toasty

Sony battery
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

'there' != 'their'

:ranting::ranting::ranting:

Okay... I'm better now. :p In other news, Steve Jobs is now suing anyone he discovers wearing a black turtleneck and jeans.

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

And is gaunt looks like a skeleton and tries to act cool? :D Cyb (you know you could have edited there to be their).

Toasty

Sony battery
Ah, but that would be an abuse of the power I wield (plus then I could not throw the associated temper tantrum). :satisfied

But yeah, anyone who still doesn't think that patents and copyright discourage competition and stifle innovation is a very silly person, IMHO.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
wow samsung really like stealing patents.
my samsung 55" 8500 series led tv has Sharps technology inside it. HEHE.

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

BUT WAIT there is more!

Samsung has COUNTER SUED Apple and alleges Mr Apple is violating THERE patents.

Comments on patent reform etc refrained from but welcome to the world of insanity, or lawyers (they seem to be one and the same).

Cyb

Remote

Star Trek should sue Apple for stealing Ipad, white earphones etc from Voyager :p

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Perhaps why Apple is sueing is because ...

Samsung has increased it's lead in the cell phone market as leader and Apple although healthy in sales is still number 4.

In recent years it has been speculated that suits such as these are in general a waste of time and money. So why are they so prevalent? Perhaps there are just too many bored lawyers in the world?

Cyb

smcd

Gotta show the stockholders that you're doing something even if it is as asinine as wasting time and money :p

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Sometimes the truth is just plain insane isn't it?

It explains why the politicians busily talk about "fighting" for this and "fighting" for that.
I would prefer if they got thrown into a ring and duked it out instead of the usual miasma of words they spew out.

Of course the counter suite makes sense when seeing this news.

Cyb - some peoples kids

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Yet more interesting news about why Apple and Samsung are going at it.

I believe the primary issue Apple is as was noted is the fact Samsung also makes there A4/A5, this is a legitimate concern because 'look and feel' are one thing but the basis for your look and feel might be a bit more important. They need the extra performance to demand the premium they incur right now.

One important thing about Apple products many people ignore these days. They work, that might sound stupid but name a few products off the top of your head that don't work right out of the box? I can name quite a few. What that means is that Apple spends a bit more time and money on testing their product.

Cyb