What's new

sound crashes with ridgeracer

ikari

hi boardies,
i am using p64 v1.1 and azimirs audio hle plugin. the gameplay of ridgeracer is excellent, but the sound is not ok. any ideas ? maybe upgrade to v 1.4? what about v1.5?
pleaze help
ikari

Corak

Nintendo gamer
ikari said:
maybe upgrade to v 1.4? what about v1.5?
pleaze help
ikari

I hope this is no serious question. You answered your own question with the above.
Meaning *of course* you should upgrade to at least 1.4final. I have zero sound issues with Jabo's Dsound plugin (I much prefer this over any Azimer audio plugin since it never crackles) with PJ1.5 and RR64 (U) [!] although fps seems to be capped at 45fps for me.

OP
I

ikari

still problems

hi corak,

i got p64 v1.4 with default audio plugin and still the sound crashes. its like two soundchannels are running simultaniously but not synchronized. its driving me nuts!
what to do ?
cya

Corak

Nintendo gamer
Re: still problems

ikari said:
hi corak,

i got p64 v1.4 with default audio plugin and still the sound crashes. its like two soundchannels are running simultaniously but not synchronized. its driving me nuts!
what to do ?
cya

Yep sound is crackling for me everywhere unless I tick "Sync Game to Audio". You can do this in "Options -> Configure Audio Plugin..."
If the sound still doesn't appear to be in sync your CPU is too slow. Although with RR64 I had only 45fps but sound was smooth interestingly.
Normally you would need 60fps (NTSC rom) or 50fps (PAL rom) for good sound.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
sya64 said:
Hmm...
Is Azimer's Audio v0.40 Beta 2 is the FINAL sound plugin?

No, it is NOT the final Plugin although it was leaked by mistake. He is very busy with REAL things in life plus doing Apollo (AUDIO PLUGIN TOO!) that development as slowed down a wee bit... but Look Forword to the Next Apollo...

OP
I

ikari

i am running ridgeracer with p64 v1.1 at 50 frames and the sound is good and bad: the intro sound is nearly ok. the fx in the games is ok too but the muzak in gameplay sucks!
by the way: in v1.1 there was a option "reality signal processor" that i did not see in v1.4. when i turned this option to "high level" i did speed up p64. how can i speed up v1.4?
cu

Smiff

Emutalk Member
selecting "High Level" in 1.0/1.1 is equivalent to turning on "send Audio Lists to Audio plugin" in the 1.4 RSP config.