What's new

Widescreen along with Hi-res textures

Dodongo

I know this has been brought up many times in the past, but when searching it appears the newest discussion I could find about it was about a year old, and for all know in that time span a solution may have been made.

Anyway, both widescreen (true widescreen, not stretched or letterboxed) and hires texture packs can greatly improve the gaming experience, however there does not appear to be a plugin that can utilize both of these features. While searching the forums, I did come across someone with a patch of Rice that supposedly allowed for widescreen, though the topic is quite old and the member who posted it does not appear to be here any more, and I have no clue how to apply the patch.

I know with Jabo and PJ64 1.7 this is possible, though Jabo and Rice use two totally different formats, and I have not been able to find a single texture pack that works with Jabo, let alone the particular ones I'd like to use.

So has a plugin been released that allows for both widescreen and hires textures? Or does anyone happen to have that patched version of Rice? If this isn't possible in any N64 emulator, how hard would it be to implement something like this in Rice?

aeria

I too would be very interested in a plugin that supports both these features. I recently got a widescreen monitor and I'd love to be able to have true widescreen and high-res textures at the same time.

Last edited:

Kreationz

Emulator Developer
Well wide-screen would be of use to us on the PSP, but only games that support 16:9 internally look correct in our stretched full screen mode (007:GE is an example) as the PSP is a wide-screen device. Personally, I'm not interested in High Res packs at this point, but only wide-screen. So does anyone know which open source plug-ins support that? (Jabo's isn't open source and I've asked him directly for access to which I got a no, but I'll answer questions and the same from Zilmar.)