What's new

PJ64 Lag Problems

Proyect

My Project 64 is lagging with every single game that I play. I think it has something to do with my Settings. Here are my Settings for Project 64:

ejj3ap.png

What should I do to fix this problem?

OP
P

Proyect

Thanks it worked! But now I have a new problem. I can't get Project 64 to play faster! I try pressing F4 to disable the FPS, but it doesn't make the emulation faster! How do I fix that?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Why would you even want to disable the FPS cap? If you're computer is not fast enough to emulate the games at constant 60VI/s, then disabling the FPS Limit will not change things.

You are not forcing V-Sync in your graphics card's drivers, are you?

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
Also make sure "Sync game to Audio" is unchecked in your audio configuration if you're using Jabo's plugin (the default). (You can only change this setting while a game is loaded.)

OP
P

Proyect

Why would you even want to disable the FPS cap? If you're computer is not fast enough to emulate the games at constant 60VI/s, then disabling the FPS Limit will not change things.

You are not forcing V-Sync in your graphics card's drivers, are you?

My computer used to be able to make the emulation faster, but after it started having problems and I needed to fix it, it stopped working that way.