What's new

Zelda TOoT Alternate Quest

Lc3

First off, I would like to apoligise to the moderators for asking about cheats in the non-cheat board. Sorry, I didn't see it, but I'm on the right board this time I think. :innocent:

(And if this is a repeat post, sorry again, it didn't work the first time i dont think.)

Now, reportedly, Zelda 64 (TOoT) has an alternate quest(s) built in to it which can be accesses by use of the gameshark. I own a copy of Zelda 64 but: It's PAL, so its not quite the same as a US copy, even if I had a US copy (which I don't, who could get an import of a game that old now?) I don't have a Gameshark and I wouldn't want to risk losing my saved data. (I lost a lot of saves on my SNES from playing with cheat carts)

But, I'm getting sidetracked. My question is: can anyone access these quests from Project 64? i have heard people say they could do it on emulators as long as you have version 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2 of the US ROM. Please help, thanks. :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Is this cheat releated? :/
As for that question: all games are alike, are they not? PAL or NTSC alike.
There's no problem to access these quests from my zelda rom (v1.0 ntsc).

OP
L

Lc3

Yes it is cheat related since its to do with gameshark codes and heres a link;

http://www.z64planet.com/zelda5/betaquest.shtml

(not the site I got it from but the above site is more helpful)

Just to update you: using 8111A5D2-00xx (as talked about at the bottom of the page) I can get to different places now but the code 801197E3-0020 (beta quest) seems to have no effect.

Edit: about games being the same PAL/NTSC, not really man. I mean for example, there are three versions of the NTSC Zelda 64, the first one having red blood in the ending, the rest green. and some bug fixes between the different versions. The codes I am talking about have 3 versions for the 3 versions of the game. ANd thats just NTSC, my PAL cart (bought on the relise date) has green blood so it is ovoiusly NOT the same as the NTSC Zelda 64 version 1.0, im not sure which one it is equivilent to.

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Hi Lc3.
Yea i am not a fan of these codes.

You see the Beta Quest = Beta Codes.
Beta Codes = Crappy Results.

If they are not working correctley in 1.3,1.4, or 1.5 beta1
Thats not the emu's fault, That'll be the Codes :)

As for the Pal rom you have, what Cheat Device are you useing ?

You can only use Pal codes for that, You know that right ?
No GS for Pal

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
i heard of this, i think u have lift half of the cart out to do it. how are u going to simulate that in an emulator?

Gent

Administrator
Right now im not being Flash :sleepy:
But if you really want to get into this beta Quest :plain:
Then i can help you with the PAL (Oh Yes, Oh Yes, I can)

Ok but Please do exactley what it says OK

& I still hate beta codes ;)

Zelda OOT v1.0 (E) Pal

The Beta Quest is the beta version of Zelda.
These are some things which were left from the full version of the game.

Here is the code for the PAL version Beta Quest:
801197E3 0020

Put on the code on load up,After the Nintendo logo you will be in Hyrule Field.
There are no icons, energy bar etc. on the screen.
When you press a C-Buttton you can use an object.
Here the objects for the C-Buttons:
C-left: arrows, C-down: bombs, C-right: Ocarina of Time. There is also no Navi and start menu.
When you go to some places the game will freeze or you can't move.
Here are some places where the game freezes when you get in: Lon Lon Ranch-freezes. Kokiri Forest-you are taken into a grotto-like place and can't move.
Market place (by Moon Jump): freezes. Gerudo Valley: screen turns white and you can't move. The game will freeze also when you enter other places.
Here some places where you can go to: Zora's River, Kakariko, Lake Hylia (there the screen fades out with the pattern of a well-known item).
You will get to different places in contrast to the full version. When you play the 6 normal songs with the ocarina nothing happens and when you play the warp songs the game freezes.
Important: when the status bar, etc. and Navi appear then you're out of the Beta Quest and you have to restart the game.

Gent

Administrator
Ok i hate this but .... Why should you U Users
miss out on finding out how crap Beta codes really are.

Zelda OOT v1.0 (U) NTSC

The Beta Quest is the beta version of Zelda.
These are some things which were left from the full version of the game.

Here is the code for the PAL version Beta Quest:
8011B9E3 0020

Put on the code on load up,After the Nintendo logo you will be in Hyrule Field.
There are no icons, energy bar etc. on the screen.
When you press a C-Buttton you can use an object.
Here the objects for the C-Buttons:
C-left: arrows, C-down: bombs, C-right: Ocarina of Time. There is also no Navi and start menu.
When you go to some places the game will freeze or you can't move.
Here are some places where the game freezes when you get in: Lon Lon Ranch-freezes. Kokiri Forest-you are taken into a grotto-like place and can't move.
Market place (by Moon Jump): freezes. Gerudo Valley: screen turns white and you can't move. The game will freeze also when you enter other places.
Here some places where you can go to: Zora's River, Kakariko, Lake Hylia (there the screen fades out with the pattern of a well-known item).
You will get to different places in contrast to the full version. When you play the 6 normal songs with the ocarina nothing happens and when you play the warp songs the game freezes.
Important: when the status bar, etc. and Navi appear then you're out of the Beta Quest and you have to restart the game.

My Point is:
Like the E above, they work.
But whats the point of a Beta Quest when you cant go anywhere.
But hell find out for yourself.

OP
L

Lc3

What cheat cart am I using for my PAL rom? Nothing. Thats the point, I have no REAL cheat cart for my N64which is why I am using the PJ64 emu with Zelda ROM version 1.0 (U)

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Hmm this sounds intersting, my request would be .. someone post some screen shots of these codes, if they can do something interesting we should at least document them somewhere, I'm a huge zelda fan :)