What's new

XP Skins for Win98

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Well, I already new about WindowBlinds (www.windowblinds.net) but I thought I remembered a website article that listed many other programs to compliment WindowBlinds and somebody had once listed it here.

Angechu

Computer wizard :)
i *think*

I'm pretty sure that the people who make WindowBlinds make a ton of other programs that compliment it. Search around on their website - i believe they have a suite. I dont know if it can be completely like XP, cuz of Xp's new stuff.. (transparency), but it should come close.

-Angechu

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
www.stardock.net

StarDock - the makers of WindowBlinds

ObjectDesktop is da bomb. It makes Windows almost as good as Linux. :p

But I still prefer good ol' KDE, and BlackBox, and Enlightenment, and AfterStep, and all the rest...

If you have Win2K, then y ou can get transparencies like XP. But 98 can't. :(

And for the Mac, there's Kaleidoscope and PowerWindows - www.kaleidoscope.com

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ive never actually seen transparencies come into play. and ive had xp ever since its launch!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Eagle try this.

tell me if it works. ive never tried it because i think WindowBlinds is a poor piece of software (it and zonealarm are the only programs capable of crashing my rock solid winxp pro)

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Thanks PJ64er, I tried Stardock.net and couldn't find a thing that looked like XP.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Nope, you need ObjectBar for that. :p

And PJ64er, that's rather odd, because I think WindowBlinds is the only piece of software I've never had crash on me.