What's new

Donkey Kong 64 Pad Images

DK64 Pads

Hi all,

I'm playing through Donkey Kong 64, but I have a problem with the pads that you need to stand on for a number of purposes. The image (whether a number, face or music icon, etc) doesn't show up. Sometimes when you're a fair distance away it shows up and disappears as you walk closer, but it often doesn't show up at all, and all you see is the coloured pad. I then need to guess what it's for (try each character doing a number of things), wasting time and resources (such as music energy).

Does anyone know what could cause this?

Thanks!

Windows 7
Project64 1.6

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Donkey Kong 64 has a number of known issues, some which can't be fixed. You should start by trying another graphics plugin, such as Glide64 and see if that helps.

EDIT: Certainly it must have taken you awhile to come up that screenname.

Last edited:
OP
D

DK64 Pads

OK Thanks, changing graphics plugin fixed it (although Glide64 didn't work at all, I used Rice's Graphics plugin). This isn't perfect as now you need to be closer to objects (such as trees) for them to show up, but it'll have to do.

And LOL, I'm not very creative with making up names.

Clements

DK64 was coded so that stuff in the distance like trees etc faded in when you got closer to them. Not sure if this is what you are seeing.

OP
D

DK64 Pads

I know how that works, and yes, that's definitely what I'm seeing, just you need to get closer than you should need to get. I'm not that worried though, it's not as much of an inconvenience as the pad problem.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
the only way to play Dk64 without a glitch is on the original hardware.

there is no way of getting this game to work 100%, or any where near satisfactory levels of enjoyment.

GL