What's new

Wii remote + Classic controller in mac os x

Sukid

Hi. I hear a lot about getting the Classic Controller to work in mupen64plus but I really can't do it. Mac OS X only seems to have Darwiinremote and Wiiji available to it. Wiiji is the only one that emulates an HID joystick.

Any way I could get it working without having to install another OS? Or should I just spring for a 360 controller since I do see entries for it in the config.

Here's the significant part of the startup message:
Input Error: Invalid line in InputAutoCfg.ini: 'InputAutoCfg.ini for Mupen64Plus SDL Input plugin'
Input: No auto-configuration found for device 'Wiimote VirtualHID Interface'
Input Warning: No joysticks/controllers found
Input: Forcing keyboard input for N64 controller #1
Input Error: Invalid line in InputAutoCfg.ini: 'InputAutoCfg.ini for Mupen64Plus SDL Input plugin'
Input: Using auto-configuration for device 'Keyboard'

Last edited:

HDL

Mupen64Plus only supports controllers that are already added to the InputAutoCfg.ini file. If you want yours to work, you need to add it manually. 2nd click the Mupen64Plus bundle and choose "Show Package Contents." Go to the Resources folder and open InputAutoCfg.ini. Here you must add the info for your specific controller. Wiiji uses the name "Wiimote VirtualHID Interface," here's an example of configuration for a Wiimote + Nunchuk:

Code:
[Wiimote VirtualHID Interface]
plugged = True
plugin = 2
mouse = False
AnalogDeadzone = 4096,4096
AnalogPeak = 32768,32768
DPad R = 
DPad L = 
DPad D = 
DPad U = 
Start = button(6)
Z Trig = button(7)
B Button = button(3)
A Button = button(2)
C Button R = button(5)
C Button L = button(4)
C Button D = button(1)
C Button U = button(0)
R Trig = button(8)
L Trig = 
Mempak switch = 
Rumblepak switch = 
X Axis = axis(0-,0+)
Y Axis = axis(1-,1+)

However, you should know that I didn't get perfect results from this. The Nunchuk's analog did not reach its peak, which means that you can't run fully in games like Mario or Zelda. The Wiimote's pad also did not change like it does on a Wii, the inputs are considered axis and turned to the side (as if playing an NES game on the Wii).

You can verify this with Joystick and Gamepad Tester. If it didn't work well with the Nunchuk, it might not with the Classic Controller. You should test it out and report your findings for others who may be curious about the same thing.

OP
S

Sukid

I actually did do that before, but I still got that error. I tried yours, still got the error... when I used the speedofmac launcher. When I just launched it manually it worked. Then I realized speedofmac actually uses a built-in one rather than one I already installed, so I edited that config. Then it worked.

I got the same problem as you did unfortunately. Can't do with Link being a slowpoke. Still, it's really nice that it worked at all. Could there be a way around that?

EDIT: I tried decreasing the analog peak by 100. It seems to register it when going down but not up now. I'll keep trying
EDIT: Looking at another config, I reduced the analog peak to 26000 and it seems to work fine now. GREAT SUCCESS.

Last edited:

HDL

Good job. I was going to test analog peak right after testing deadzone, but I got involved with something else and then forgot.

By the way, I recommend you lower it more, to about 20,000 or so. At 26,000 I can't get Link to maintain a full run in certain directions, and it also prevents you from being able to quick spin.