What's new

Loading high res texture on linux?

ICANSEEYOU7687

Im trying to follow this
http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wiki/HighResolutionTextures

but these instructions are so vague they do little more then give general guidance.

In order to begin using the hi-resolution texture feature, you must enable it by editing the Mupen64Plus config file. One option is to find the file and edit it directly with a text editor. On Linux or OSX, this is located at ~/.config/mupen64plus/

I checked both mupen64plus.conf and mupen64plus.cfg neither had that line. But it was in the ricevideo.conf in that directory so I guess thats what that meant.

To install a high-resolution texture pack for a game, all that you need to do is unzip the archive and put the extracted directory full of images into the right place. On Linux and OSX, this is usually /home/<username>/.local/share/mupen64plus/hires_texture.

this directory is not on my machine. Should I create it, or is there a magic place that tells you were to load these?

Also when loading mupen64plus from the command line, I get an error with ricevideo.so which says.

Couldn't load plugin 'ricevideo.so': /usr/lib/mupen64plus/ricevideo.so: undefined symbol: glCombinerInputNV

and since you cant edit the .so file, I cant really comment it out or anything.

And I could not find a single other user using google, that was having this issue popping up. It kind of funny, searching for
glCombinerInputNV undefined mupen64

on google returns with 0 results... If someone could help I would really appreciate it. Im getting really frustrated with this

Last edited:

Richard42

Emulator Developer
If you have a "ricevideo.conf" file, then you're using an older (1.5 or before) version of Mupen64Plus. Those Google Code wiki instructions were written for the new 1.99.x software.

The missing library dependency (undefined symbol: glCombinerInputNV) was fixed quite a long time ago; you just need to use the latest (1.99.3) release.