What's new

Can't ge Majoras Mask to work properly with hires-textures in P64

dust7

Hi there. With my limited knowledge (read: zero) of emulation I have tried everything I could think of to get this to work but had no luck yet.
I don't really know where the problem comes from, the emulator (I am using P64 of course), the textures or the video-plugin. So if this is the wrong forum I kindly ask the moderator to move it whereever it belongs.

First of all my computer specs:

Windows XP 2.5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3)
Intel® Core™2 CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
3 GB DDR RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Basically I am encountering graphic bugs and or slowdowns when trying to play Majoras Mask either with Djipis realistic MM hires textures (DL: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9IOBU30V) or another improved package (DL: http://www.gekinzuku.com/hires/MajorasMask.php).

These are the video plugins I tried to get it to work with (only the ones that can use hires textures of course):

1nu8z.jpg

With all hires-package/videoplugin combinations I am getting at least one of the following errors:

- the bombers notebook (the questbook you get in clock town) does not work, it is not visible after selecting it from the menu. This happens with any combination.

- at the end of a daycycle (when the animation comes) I can only see random textures for a few seconds (maybe 15) then the game returns to normal (all combinations).

- with the Aristotle Plugin everything but the notebook seems to work but I get horrible slowdowns when changing masks or doing other scripted stuff that triggers similar events. This only happens in full screen mode! But meh, I really want to play the game in fullscreen.

- with the different versions of the Rice plugin I am getting graphical bugs when changing masks and some other random scripted events, it is very annoying.
This is a picture of what I see when changing masks instead of Link changing masks:

2o64h.jpg

The screen also flickers like crazy at the same time.

Well, I've spent a whole day now trying to get this to work, I am sure it can't be THAT hard to play Majoras Mask with Hires Textures in Fullscren without these horrendous graphical bugs (if I have to use another emulator thats fine too).

Please tell me what I am doing wrong or give me an instruction how to set this stuff up to work properly. If you need any more information about my computer specs or whatever I will be happy to provide them. Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is the wrong forum, this is my first post.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I suggest you try Glide64, which isn't on your list. It is considered by many to be one of the best if not the best, should one have the proper specs and graphics card for it - and you do.

OP
D

dust7

Guess what, with Glide64 everything works perfectly, thank you very much.
One more question: with Jabo's Plugin I can play in true widescreen resolutions, without the screen being stretched. Is this possible with Glide64 as well?