What's new

How come my ROM isn't valid all of a sudden?

AlmostAsCoolAs

So I just downloaded Project64 recently and so far everything has been fine until I tried to play Super Mario 64 today and it says "File loaded does not appear to be a valid Nintendo64 ROM".

I have good windows now so I can avoid this next time I guess but how come it didn't say that until I was like half way into the game?If a ROM is in the N64Ren folder that means it won't do the same thing that this did right?

Thanks.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
How are you loading games in Project64? By using File --> Open rom menu entry or via the Rom Browser? What is a 'N64Ren' folder? Have you recently moved ROMs/save files etc. between folders? Are you sure you are actually loading the actual ROM, instead say, a savestate or a battery save?

I doubt having "good windows" has anything to do with the problem you're having.

OP
A

AlmostAsCoolAs

Yes to your first question and the N64Ren folder is supposed to sort out good and bad ROM's so whichever ones don't get put into it are supposedly bad. Yes, I am loading the actual ROM, I've loaded it probably 20-30 times now.

Also I don't know what you mean by the GoodWindows comment, it's a program I was instructed to download to verify ROM's from here.

http://www.pj64-emu.com/manual-and-...erification-how-to-verify-roms-using-goodn64/

I was hoping to get answers and not more questions lol, anybody else knowledgeable on the subject?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
My apologies, I misunderstood. You should have typed "GoodWindows" instead of "good windows" to avoid confusion.

Anyway, what is the extension of the ROM you are trying to load?