What's new

360 controller analog config

nickmacaulay

I'm having a problem configuring the analog sticks on the 360 controller for project 64. I get joyleft and joyup to work right, but joydown, joyright, and the the selections for the second analog (which I was going to use for the 'c' buttons) all show up as Ry -, Ry +, Rx -, and Rx +. I can't, for the life of me figure this out. Can anyone help?

Alunalun

The right analogue stick has its x axis left-to-right and its y axis top-to-bottom, so the 'Rx-' stuff is correct, it does mean 'right stick left' (etc.).
As for the first analogue stick - I would expect joydown and joyright to work if joyleft and joyup work, be careful not to move the other stick or the mouse or anything while you are configuring it. So I'd suggest just trying again? But if you still have a problem then you need to say what controller plugin you are using and give as much more detail as you can.

Also, calibrating the controller might fix it. That's at control panel>game controllers>configure USB game controllers>select your controller and go to 'properties'>settings
(at least that's where it is on vista)

Last edited: