What's new

Building a massive collection of high res wallpapers

Zoomer

With Windows 7, it has a nice feature to automatically rotate your wallpapers. So I got thinking. What would be awesome, is to have an infinite rotation (or just so many that you would rarely notice a repeat).

And so, I have embarked upon the the task of building the most massive collection of wallpapers. And since my monitor is huge, they will all be in HD.

When its complete, I will let everyone know (by posting on this thread).

FIRST however, I want some help. I want YOU. That is, if you've got an 'eye for HD art'. Give me a PM and we'll build this collection twice as fast (or perhaps three times as fast if we bring on a third buddy).

By the way, I should note that just the wallpaper collection alone is not all I want from this project. For me, there is a "dual objective" to A. have an infinite wallpaper rotation and B. get some wicked web traffic to my blog.

The way I'm going to accomplish objective B is by making thumbnails of each wallpaper (with a batch Photoshop command) and then publishing the list of all of them. To save on bandwidth (and respect to the original authors) the thumbnails will simply link to the source website.

So while I am a nerd, I am also the entrepreneurial type. And thus, if you join in on this project - I will pay you for the effort. Exact amount we can discuss in PM.

If you want to join in on building this massive HD wallpaper collection, send me a PM. All you need is an eye for good art.