What's new

Zelda OOT error

panzerschrek

Hello, i'm new to emulating, so i'll talk to you guys, because nothing want to work right now xD, and I don't want to replay all what I played since the begginning, to have the same error... so, i'm gonna show you what it do :

I already read about it, but nothing works, and I know there is a thread about it, but these solutions just don't work for me. Could you help me?

X-Fi6

...and I don't want to replay all what I played since the begginning, to have the same error...
This is why it is your responsibility to RTFM and realize that save states are NOT reliable and are NOT intended to be a replacement over normal <Press Start -> Press B -> Press A twice>.

OP
P

panzerschrek

yea, maybe, but it doesn't solve my problem, this problem always occur when big blue plants move, when they don't, everything is fin, but the thing is that it's impossible to continue without seeing one of these creatures.

FlotsamX

Yeah, it doesn't solve your problem. Your problem is that you screwed your game over by using savestates instead of saving normally. The only thing we can suggest it starting all over again. Sorry for being blunt with it, but there's no other way. I would say that you could fall back to an old gamesave of yours, but there's always the chance you could run into this problem again.

OP
P

panzerschrek

so, what you are saying is that the I should not use the save option of project64, but save normally in the game? because for me, savestate means nothing xD.

Toasty

Sony battery
Just load your savestate, and before the error occurs, save the game using the native method (Start+B+A). Then restart the emulator and load the native save.

OP
P

panzerschrek

nhaaa, it's ok, I just restarted everything xD, and I only save normally, so this way this should not happen again, thank you very much for this help :D

OP
P

panzerschrek

nhaaa, it still don't work, as soon as I see a big blue plants, this error happen, what should I do? simply change ROM, and start over again? xD

X-Fi6

If the ROM's Good Name has [!] then it's a verified good dump and switching ROMs is pointless.

Toasty

Sony battery
nhaaa, it still don't work, as soon as I see a big blue plants, this error happen, what should I do? simply change ROM, and start over again? xD
There shouldn't be a need to start over again. Native saves work fine when you switch ROM versions. If, even when loading recently from a native save, the game consistently crashes when the Deku Babas pop up, it's likely that you have a bad ROM.