What's new

crash when loading hires textures

BOISPHERE

Banned
was wondering what would cause this problem when I load hires textures:

"while processing graphics data an exception occurred you may need to restart the emulator"

its not a one time thing, keeps happening over and over when using hires packs.

my computer processing and graphics displaying power is not the problem. just curious if its an emulator or vid plugin problem.
coudn't be becouse of DirectX 11 I don't think.
TIA.

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
was wondering what would cause this problem when I load hires textures:

"while processing graphics data an exception occurred you may need to restart the emulator"

its not a one time thing, keeps happening over and over when using hires packs.

my computer processing and graphics displaying power is not the problem. just curious if its an emulator or vid plugin problem.
coudn't be becouse of DirectX 11 I don't think.
TIA.

Grab your vid card's latest drivers and install those. If that doesn't work, then the problem exists within the emulator. I wouldn't imagine that this would be the case, but it's safer to check.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It might be worth mentioning what kind of video card you have and what is the graphics plugin you use. You know, just saying.

OP
B

BOISPHERE

Banned
It might be worth mentioning what kind of video card you have and what is the graphics plugin you use. You know, just saying.

ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphics Card/Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Dual Core 3.16GHz/Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.53

I have all the lastest Drivers etc.

Last edited:
OP
B

BOISPHERE

Banned
YAY, ATI's version of the Geforce FX
when it comes to Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2/World at War, FEAR 2, Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto IV,etc.
full FPS, Ultra High Settings, ZERO slowdown. i'll take ATI anyday.
anyways,
do you have a solution or theory on what the problem may be?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
when it comes to Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2/World at War, FEAR 2, Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto IV,etc.
full FPS, Ultra High Settings, ZERO slowdown. i'll take ATI anyday.
Which doesn't really mean much in terms of emulation performance. Really.

anyways,
do you have a solution or theory on what the problem may be?
Yes, anyways,

How about not using Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.53? It is very recommended that you either use Glide64 or the latest Rice Video for your custom texture pack needs. If things still don't work the way they're supposed to with those plugins, then you can start blaming your computer.

P.S. You aren't using Project64 1.7 beta are you? If so, you might as well stop doing that as well and use 1.6. Unless, of course, you were "entitled" to 1.7... then you probably shouldn't even be posting here.

Last edited:
OP
B

BOISPHERE

Banned
1.7, why? and as far as emulation performance.. with openGL goldeneye is slow,slow,slow. with the ATI card

there is not one point in the game that slows below 60 FPS, and everything is rendered beutifully. including the sky/water on frigate level.

my comp is not the downfall here. thats a gar-in-tee.

anyways, I'll have to rename all 15000+ files and try it with rice vid. Glide64 dosn't load for me.
thanks.

OP
B

BOISPHERE

Banned
Did you put Glide3x.dll in the emulator base directory and the rest of the files in the Plugin directory?
yup. works fine now except for the quality of the graphics.

couple pics using Glide64:
Glide64_Turok_2_Seeds_of_Ev_02.png

Glide64_Turok_2_Seeds_of_Ev_03.png

couple with Jabo's Direct3D8 (cause it takes advantage of my ATIcard)
Turok2-SeedsofEv-0-1.png

Turok2-SeedsofEv-1-2.png

clearly Glide64 is inferior. so i'll take a pass on that one.

I did some re-texturing on the title screen. i think it looks awesome if you compare it to the original.
RE-TEXTURED:
Turok2-SeedsofEvilUsnap0045.jpg

ORIGINAL:
Turok2-SeedsofEv-2.png