What's new

Legend of Zelda OOT Distance Render?

Swimy

Hey guys, Im new to the fourms, and Im really really confused on what to do.

I'm really not sure where to turn, but heres whats goin on.

In the game, i can see the fairies but i cannot see the models of the characters; untill i get like 4 feet away from them. I'm thinking this is a graphics plugin problem. Im kinda new to the whole Emulation of N64, so i have no idea. =S any help would be great.

thanks!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It is very likely your graphics card's problem. I'm going to wing it and say that you have something made by Intel. If so (or you have a graphics chip that's in the same ballpark or a very old card), use Jabo's Direct3D6 graphics plugin.

Toasty

Sony battery
If it's in the Kokiri Forest, you might be observing the game's normal behavior. The children in the Kokiri Forest don't appear until you get fairly close to them.

OP
S

Swimy

It is very likely your graphics card's problem. I'm going to wing it and say that you have something made by Intel. If so (or you have a graphics chip that's in the same ballpark or a very old card), use Jabo's Direct3D6 graphics plugin.

Thanks, I'm at school so i cant check my specs. but off the top of my head I have Radeon 9600 Series.

and if you can, it'd be nice if you could give me a link to the page for plugins. Because i'm having some problems finding them. (I told you im kinda new) I have them but I think they are fairly old.

When i get home I'm going to do some research on the stuff, so I know what wrappers and stuff are. How good does the Retexture pack for OOT work??

If it's in the Kokiri Forest, you might be observing the game's normal behavior. The children in the Kokiri Forest don't appear until you get fairly close to them.

Ahh, that may be it. But 3 or 4 feet seems a bit extreme. I'll just try and see what happens. And I swear if I see that owl.. :angry:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin is bundled with Project64. Just select it via Options --> Settings --> Plugins.

OP
S

Swimy

Yeah, it's fine now. Im using RiceVideo so I can have HighRez Textures.
Only prob im having is the Equiptment screen. =S