What's new

How do you make these ROMS work?

shuriken

Im having no end of trouble, trying to get ANY these game working, and its starting to make me consider pulling my hair out. I've been here for friggin hours, tweaking this, changing that, looking here, checking there, but getting nowhere, slowly.

How can I play these games!!!??? (thats all I want to do, play these few games):-

Ikaruga
Cosmic Smash
Chaos Field
Psyvar 2
Trizeal
Dead or Alive 2

Absolutely none of them, have ever worked in the slightest measure, yet all of them are listed as working in the COMPAT.txt file.

I have all of the bios files (about 13 NAOMI bioses, including NAOMI 2) (about 5 DC bioses) (1 Hikari bios, not supported) (one AW bios)

I have the BIN files for all the games except DOA2 which looks like a mame rom (more than 1 file in ZIP)

Why all these errors? Why am I not playing Ikaruga right now, whatever it is LOL.

Sorry I sound like a right moanin old geezer, but Im too excited about these games. I love modern 2d arcade games, the detail makes my mouth water, but not many guys share my views lol, they're like "its not even 3d f*ck that"

thanks all

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If you are referring to the arcade versions, you need both the disc images, matching romsets and the BIOS files. Some might have to be decrypted before they can be booted.

Nologic

Actually before you get going to far into anything does your video card support the required features?

Naomi 1 games require your video card to support Pixel Shader 2.0
Naomi 2 games require Pixel Shader 3.0

Please refer to the following page to check to see if your card supports the required features.

Link