What's new

Need help with a recurring issue..

Strata

Hey guys, I'm a newb to this forum so forgive me if this issue has been solved before.. I did search but didn't find an exact solution described..

anyways on to the problem I'm having..

Sys Specs:
p3 800mhz
512 ram
gf2 gts
echo gina24 (wdm/directX compatible soundcard)

I've been playing Majora's Mask (Euro version) using 1964 ver0.7.3.0 for the past week and I get what seem like corrupted save states.. basically I'll save at a specific point and when I reload it later to continue where I left off it loads fine but as soon as I venture into a new area and it begins to load a new scene 1964 will lock up and do a machine gun style audio loop w/ black screen. 1964 loads the save state without problem but if I venture into a different area than the one I start in it crashes as described above. It also seems like the longer I play all the save states I make turn out bad in this way and if I'm lucky one might not be corrupt.. but I lose ALOT of progress usually and it's extremely frustrating to have to redo a couple hours worth of gaming when I have 8 out of 10 save states corrupt...

has anyone else experienced these corrupt save states with Majora's Mask? If so is there a solution or maybe a workaround (other than loading an old-old save state?)

Thanks for any insights, :colgate:

-Strata

Slougi

Try native saving once in a while, it might help. I have never heard of something like this happening before though. Generally it is advisable to use native saves more than save states.

Corak

Nintendo gamer
I'm using exclusively native saves with Zelda:MM. But then again I'm also using PJ64 for this rom.
I didn't have a single crash or problem so far.

Duncan

N64 Addict
You should allways try both Native and Save States with any emulator, as some can be buggy with certain save types. but you know one or the other will work, just a matter of save compatability.

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
I always use native saves, because in my opinion save states have something in common with cheating (you can save wherever you want, also in front of dangerous parts). It is much more fun to save like on a real N64!