What's new

papermario white screen

supermariobrawl

Why does the screen turns white later of each peach`s minigame? i have finish the prologe and i cant continue because an error appear and the screen turns white. plz help.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What error? Make sure that your ROM is good, and disable all cheats if you are using those.

Phaze

Lurker
Why does the screen turns white later of each peach`s minigame? i have finish the prologe and i cant continue because an error appear and the screen turns white. plz help.
I think the screen goes white as part of the transition to the Peach cutscene (unless it's an abrupt white), but yeah, follow Azoger's advice. Those cause problems.

Make sure the ROM has "[!]" in it's name, that meant it's verified to be a good ROM dump.

OP
S

supermariobrawl

What error? Make sure that your ROM is good, and disable all cheats if you are using those.
I dont use cheats but the error say to me "cache: failed to translate:0 then i dont know what to do. when finish the first princess peach`s minigame when the star get small anb the white screen appears later say to me that error. plz help me

Agozer

The cache failed to translate message usually indicates a corrupt ROM. Although, is your ROM PAL or NTSC?

Agozer

IIRC, the emulation for the PAL version might be the reason for the error you get (at least, if other posts are to be believed). The NTSC version runs faster and I've never run into any problems with it, aside from the obvious flicking issues with the default graphics plugin.

OP
S

supermariobrawl

IIRC, the emulation for the PAL version might be the reason for the error you get (at least, if other posts are to be believed). The NTSC version runs faster and I've never run into any problems with it, aside from the obvious flicking issues with the default graphics plugin.
OK, Where can I download the game paper mario 64 version ntsc to work better?
i need to play that game.thx

Last edited:
OP
S

supermariobrawl

And what version of project64 do i need?

Agozer

Why would you need to switch emulator versions? The problems Paper Mario has stem from the plugins, not the emulator. Always go with the latest one, which is still 1.6 unless you donated and got access to 1.7 Beta.