What's new

Gohma runs away, never comes back!

Beef Merciful

in Zelda: OOT, i hit gohma and she crawled up to the ceiling. when i turned away and turned back, she was gone. i'm running around in circles, looking all over the place and she just completely vanished.

of course my last save state is after she runs disappears.

is there a cheat that will teleport me somewhere else or perhaps restore the game to a different state?

thx

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Well, for starters, does the ROM browser show the game in green? If you want to make a proepr scan, you GoodWindows/GoodN64. OOT automatically saves your progress just before a boss room (if you've been saving in-game before the boss room by going to the menu and pressing Start). You don't have to rely on save states alone (plus, it's not a very good method of playing either)

OP
B

Beef Merciful

awesome. apparently this entire rom is screwed up.

the rom is packaged as "legendofzeldaocarinaoftimemasterquest".

so, i solved my issue with gohma. i just replayed from an earlier save state up to that point again and i was able to get past her with no problems.

since then, i've experienced one or two bugs, but i just left and re-entered the stage until i got the prompt that i needed.

now i'm at dodongo's cavern and there are bomb-flowers missing from the stage. also, there are no beamos, in fact, the beamo in the middle island is a bomb flower...

i'd def appreciate any suggestions as to where i can get a legit rom and possibly catch up to this point in the game without playing everything through. this game has a lot of dialogue, does project 64 have a command that fast forwards?

Toasty

Sony battery
i'd def appreciate any suggestions as to where i can get a legit rom...
Looking into the forum rules wouldn't hurt either.

The dungeons in Master Quest are laid out differently than in the original Ocarina of Time. IIRC, there is supposed to be a bomb flower in Master Quest in the same location as the Beamos in the original. And as was said, native saves are preferable to save states.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
The topic title made my day... imagine: link is fighting gohma and it run away... lol

X-Fi6

I believe the reason why that ROM wasn't a "good" ROM is because it was probably hex-edited to play at the right game speed, since that's what you're supposed to do when you play the Master Quest ROM.

Tjalian

awesome. apparently this entire rom is screwed up.

the rom is packaged as "legendofzeldaocarinaoftimemasterquest".

so, i solved my issue with gohma. i just replayed from an earlier save state up to that point again and i was able to get past her with no problems.

since then, i've experienced one or two bugs, but i just left and re-entered the stage until i got the prompt that i needed.

now i'm at dodongo's cavern and there are bomb-flowers missing from the stage. also, there are no beamos, in fact, the beamo in the middle island is a bomb flower...

i'd def appreciate any suggestions as to where i can get a legit rom and possibly catch up to this point in the game without playing everything through. this game has a lot of dialogue, does project 64 have a command that fast forwards?

Looks like someone has been playing doll house with some of the maps. Sounds like someone's hex edited the ROM or used Utility of Time. Unless they've just edited it to make the game easier, you're better off just getting a new ROM.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
I've heard of the Master Quest having a few issues. I recommend (if at all possible) you get the original Ocarina of Time ROM.