What's new

Game Controller Recomendations?

Asterisk1009

The keyboard is really awkward for me, and I was considering buying a pc gaming controller. My budget is around 20$, does anyone have any suggestions of what to get/where to get it?

-Aster

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Anything shaped like the PS2 pad, with decent analog stick(s), a good d-pad and enough buttons. Of course, you could always get a Nintendo 64 controller and a N64 --> USB converter, but that isn't a PC gaming controller per se.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
If you use the N-Rage plugin you can use the mouse too. But that's not a gamepad I guess.

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
I use an Xbox controller, with custom USB breakaway cable.

All you need is a breakaway cable and a spare USB cable, and some simple soldering skills.

Alunalun

I saw a thread on here (http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=43418&page=2&highlight=XBCD) where someone recommended a saitek controller. They have a few models. I think this controller should be pushed a lot more on here because it has 6 buttons under your right thumb in (almost exactly) the same layout the N64 had. That's something I've been dying for ever since I got PJ64.
I ordered it immediately from amazon.co.uk for £16. That's about $30 I suppose but everything is cheaper in America than it is here so you might get it for $20.
I hope that's useful and not too late.