What's new

games run slow on project 64

mramazing6

ok heres my problem i have project 64 v 1.6 and 1.5 on my vista desktop with a 2.8ghz p4 cpu 2gb of ram and my video card is 128mb ati radeon 9200 and im tryin to play mario party 1 but is slow and not smooth no i have a laptop with xp on it and the specs are 1.5 ghz pentium M 512mb of ram and 64mb intel graphics chip which project 64 runs smooth and great so how can project 64 run better on my laptop and not my desktop?

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Not so fast, I used the D3D8 plugin just fine with my 9200SE. Are those two letters what made all the difference?

FlotsamX

Downgrade your vista machine to XP. VISTA IS A PIECE OF SHIT

People need to shut the fuck up about Vista. VISTA DOES NOT CAUSE PROBLEMS, YOU STUPID FUCKS. It is a system-intensive OS, he has an OS that can handle it. IT IS NOT VISTA.

And, your video card isn't so great... the laptop's, that is. You might want to try upgrading that, or simply trying another plugin.

StuMan

Vista is a piece of shit. And no I won't shut up about it. XP is far better.Fuck Vista. I dunno why microsoft genius whatisname decided to release it when it had so many bugs its not funny

FlotsamX

And, you haven't even named one related to Project64. I bet you haven't even USED Vista.

Wow, way to contribute.

X-Fi6

yes i can name one flaw with vista. Its called bsod
All Vista install and upgrade disks, as well as the Service Pack 1 download, come with over 19,000 drivers that are constantly updated through Windows Update. XP comes with less than half.

You only get a BSOD when you use real piece of shit hardware. And even then, Vista BSOD rate is about the same as XP.

I haven't had a BSOD in Vista since Pre-RTM (build 5840).

I haven't had a BSOD on XP in years.

So quit your whining.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Please guys, enough Vista bashing. Keep on topic.

P.S. The 9200 SE is actually worse than the regular 9200, feature-wise. Either the Vista drivers aren't too good, or there's something else at work here.

Another N00b

I´m using vista myself and I didn´t experience any heavy problems yet. But like already said (in another thread), the drivers that microsoft provides for gfx cards are crap (at least for nvidia), so dl the newest drivers from the official ATI/AMD site if you think that you need to...

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Vista requires more resources so don't use it on that computer.

@ X-fi6.
A lot of people have had problems with Vista so stop your whining. It depends preatty much on your hardware (luck).

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Heh, I've had Vista BSOD on my laptop. It made me laugh. The Acer Aspire series doesn't have the best hardware, but it's the OEM version of Vista which is supposed to be fully integrated into the system.

P.S. The 9200 SE is actually worse than the regular 9200, feature-wise. Either the Vista drivers aren't too good, or there's something else at work here.

I never used the 9200SE on a system with Vista (and never will), and he said he only had the 9200. I can't imagine using such an old-ass video card with Vista, those things only have a hardware DirectX level of DX8.1.

Attreides

comment

hello 16-bit corps............lol

..... just wanted to give you a thumbs up on the originallity of your screen name... I don't think I've seen that anywhere.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I never used the 9200SE on a system with Vista (and never will), and he said he only had the 9200. I can't imagine using such an old-ass video card with Vista, those things only have a hardware DirectX level of DX8.1.
I would have to agree with you there. Still most Radeons (not matter how old) should work well with Vista itself. I'm not saying anything about game performance though.

@Attreides: 16-bit Corpse is not my screenname. Look higher.