What's new

directX problems

sgmaniac1255

ok, for one, i bet you guys get this kind of questions alot....

but i am having a problem with PJ64, mainly golden eye 64, but its not limited to that. i haven't gone through all my games, the ones i did try all seemed to have weird colors and textures instead of the usual graphics

the games worked until i bought VALVe's Portal and discovered that my card wont suport anything past DirectX 7, i updated my Graphics driver, but that didn't resolve the Portal problem, but that's when the texture issue started.

i ran the dxdiag and a Direct3D test and got this feed back:
Direct3D 7 test results: All tests were successful.
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 32 (user verification of Direct3D rendering)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 32 (user verification of Direct3D rendering)

i dont know for sure, but i think all that does is conform my suspicons about DirectX 7-9

I posted my System stats in my profile

Last edited:
OP
S

sgmaniac1255

i am sorry for the double post, but i just rolled back my drivers and that fixed the problem.... if i had gone on my hunches first... i wouldn't have wasted your time. again i'm sorry

but perhaps, this problem could help someone with a similar problem... i think what happened was that the new drivers and my vid card were inconpatable, or the drivers were glitched...

when i updated the dirvers to try and play portal, i went from the 2004 release to the 2006 (that was the newest for my card beleve it or not) but now im back on the '04 and everything is working great

Last edited: