What's new

Banjo Kazooie frameskips.

eagles5769

I've seen other people had this issue where throughout the entire game the audio and video freeze for about half a second every 30 seconds or so. I read that using Glide graphics plugin and eVoodoo plays it perfectly on Project64. Is this true and where would I go to download these? Also I would know how to incorporate the GFX plugin but what about the eVoodoo, where does that go in PJ64?

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/downloads.php said:
Glide64 "Napalm" Public Release 1.0
· Download (912KB)
Honestly, you'd think Google didn't exist these days.
Glide3x.dll goes into the same folder as Project64.exe. It's in the zip, do some digging.

eVoodoo is a specific brand of video card if I recall. If I'm right (please, someone correct me if I'm not) then if you have Glide3x.dll where it should go, and Glide64 and GlideHQ in the plugin folder, then it should work just as well.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
eVoodoo is one of the first and best Glide wrappers of its time, not a video card. There is no reason to use it these days unless you video card is pathetic.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
eVoodoo is teh fail,

Zeckensacks Glide Wrapper is better, (im not bullshitting either)

you should use the specially made glidewrapper that comes with glide64 however.

OP
E

eagles5769

Yea I tried that plugin plus the wrapper in that download link and it makes PJ64 jump down to 30fps a lot so I'm going back to Jabos default. Let me know if there is a full speed fix for this. I guess for now I'll just have to deal with it.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
If it goes down to 30FPS (which isn't bad really, deal with it) it's either your video card isn't the best, or an internal framerate cap in the game itself.

CF2

Pretends to make sense
30fps is the max framerate you're going to get on Banjo-Tooie with any plugin. Projec64's FPS display doesn't actually show FPS, it shows VI/s.