What's new

Zelda TP finishable?

leba

Hi again. I'm just retrying the emulator, just playing with several config combinations. But I still with my 32 bit OS, I'm just waiting to get the 64 bit one in order to go through the real tests.

Anyway, I felt curiosity, made a previous search, and hoping this is not a bothering question, has anybody managed to finish Zelda Twilight Princess on Dolphin, or at least found a way to get past the Goron Mines final boss' door?

I have already looked for the compatibility list. I know it's mentioned in the stickies, but since I'm probably a noob, I can't find the ini or how to acces or download it. The game list in the official site don't even mention this game.
Thanks.

Rig:
Laptop Dell Inspiron 1520
Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz (or 3.6??)
2 Gb RAM DDR2
Nvidia 8600GT
Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit (in process of getting XP 64 bit)

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I don't believe anyone has tried this, however it may be possible. I don't know exactly what you're talking about with INIs (Guess your not the only one whos 'noob' :p) but i don't think you'll have much trouble if it runs properly from the start.

Just remember these things:
- Use Dual Core
- Use DynaRec

It will greatly improve speed, but your machine may be too fast (and you'll need to find a way to limit the frames. NVidia Control Panels Vsync and Triple Buffering options may prove useful.)
That's about it. And of course, you need 64-bit for it to run worth a damn, but you seem to already be aware.

ConTron

How the heck do you get DynaRec? It should be on my computer I think, but I can't find it.

In terms of technology I'm so incompetent you'd think I'd need help dressing myself each morning, but I seriously have no idea where it is. All I know is my computer is a Vista (Thunder, lightning).

I hope that's helpful to you...

antidote

DynaRec is part of the emulator, if I'm not mistaken it is a group of functions used to help speed up the interpretation of the games logic. This enables the emulator to work more efficiently in other areas as well. How ever the emulators just have too much overhead with the modern Computer Processor, which uses a CISC architecture while the Broadway (or gecko) uses the RISC architecture which is used in things such as the PowerPC. This change of architecture technically makes the Gamecube "completely" incompatible with our computers. But as has been proven it is possible, albeit through very obscure and illegal means, to reverse engineer this to work on the i386 or a64 based processors.

EDIT:
I said something miss leading, while it is illegal to reverse engineer it for any type of profit it is not illegal to do it for educational purposes only (but we break that rule anyway don't we ¬_¬ *COUGH* compaq *COUGH)

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
This is a thread from before Dolphin went open source. Use Dolphin SVN versions from now on.