What's new

Metal Gear Crashed?

Link9rly

Hi, I'm new here and got Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes. I got the original GameCube version but since I wanted to make videos with Cam Studio i got it on my PC. So i configured everything and i go click on Disc One and it says, "Fatal Error: failed to load ansi_font.bin" i click ok then it says " Fatal Error: failed to load sjis_font.bin", to top it off it says "Couldn't init the core. Check your config". Last time it displayed the Genre and it said Action and the emulation thing, but that time if I wanted to run it it popped up with a window saying "Booting" and behind it there was a window that if I can rember correctly it said "Direct3D creation failed". Will ever be able to make clips? I'm running a Vista Home Premium with 3.00 GB of RAM, a 32 bit Operating System, and an dual Intel Pentium. Please help somebody!

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Lets just say that with the emulator you're SOL. It's simply not good enough yet to run decently.

Olly

(Y)
There are ways of recording clips on DVDs if you hook your GC up through a DVD recorder I think, I'm not sure what cables you'll need to get that working though (the GC has only one audio/video port, so you can't do it normally).
You best Google, as I'm sure there is a way.

Also, this is MGS2 right? If so, you could always try using the PC version. Be warned though, it's a really bad port.

EDIT:
Sorry, I'm thinking of Sons Of Liberty for the PC there!

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No, it's the original Metal Gear Solid with additions and a graphical update. Having said that, Twin Snakes isn't supported.