What's new

Integrating the video window

deniseweird

Is it possible/feasible to make the video and menu be in the same window, like in say, Project64? Atleast Qt should have no problem with this i think.

Tillin9

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Technically it is possible, but I doubt much effort will be spent in that direction. Most plugins use SDL for OpenGL support. There is a hack to get SDL to use a Gtk window for Gtk 1.2, I'm not 100% sure about SDL with Gtk 2.0 or Qt, though its probably doable. However, trying to do something like this would both require extending the plugin framework and tie the emulator to the GUI, which are two things we don't really want to do.

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I agree with Tillin9 on this issue, this is the reason we added OSD and keyboard hotkeys, so that the GUI in the background could be controlled via Keyboard. Also doing that would make a few things really hard: Porting for one.

OP
D

deniseweird

I had no idea most video plugins used SDL, that explains a lot. Thanks for the quick answer, and good luck with the emulator. :)

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Thanks! And remember, for a even quicker response you can join IRC, irc.freenode.net #mupen64plus

OP
D

deniseweird

Thanks! Though I didn't think this reply was slow, I will try it out in the future if I have any questions or request.

HyperHacker

Raving Lunatic
Is there no way to locate the video window and just embed it into the GUI window? You can do it with FindWindow and SetParent in Windows.