What's new

So what are the top N64 emulators IYO?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I depends of your system and your preferences.
There are a lot great N64 emulators out, you should test them yourself and decide later. You can only rate it based on your own ideas.

People don't ask such questions, just because you don't understand what emulation is, and what coder's work is, so to tell that there are some great emulators or some are better than others is killing the sense of emulation itself.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I agree with that. If your running Windows (A given when OS is not specified) you pretty much can't beat Project64 and 1964.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Well, IMO Mupen 64 is better than both... maybe excluding the private Project64 builds.

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
Well, IMO Mupen 64 is better than both... maybe excluding the private Project64 builds.

Ahh yes, I've heard good thing for the latest builds. Only reason I didn't mention it is because I haven't tried it out yet. Not really into N64 emulation these days.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Ahh yes, I've heard good thing for the latest builds. Only reason I didn't mention it is because I haven't tried it out yet. Not really into N64 emulation these days.

Slightly OT: Please refer to the branched versions as Mupen64Plus to avoid confusion.

They are more of a Linux thing though, I was doing a port but when trying to do the final one i got sidetracked by a shitload of work and now i'm kind of busy.