What's new

HELP my controller won't work =[

Xapthulhu

Hey,

I am using a N64 usb converter (xk-pc2004), and a original n64 controller, it works fine in windows 'games controller' settings, but i cannot make it work in game.

I have a disk driver for the converter, but have been told i don't need it since it is pnp and works fine within games controller settings, which is good since it is a .inf.

I did try and install the driver following the instructions but i have no idea how to get to the point to select the .inf file, since they don't work with wizard.

Here is a screenie of the settings screen:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o162/lahnarules/stuff.jpg?t=1212999518

Please help i am clueless as of what to do.

PS: these are the driver instructions, i cannot get to the 'select device driver by yourself' part:

1.Plug-in the Cable into the USB port of your computer and startup the
computer.
Since it is a plug & play device, Win95/98 should find a new hardware.
2.Choose “Select the device driver by yourself” and click “OK”
3.Select “D:\USB” from the box and click “Next”. (Assume D: is the CD-
ROM drive)
4.”Monster.inf” should appear in the list, please select it and click “OK”.
5.Select “Monster Gamepad” from the list and click “Next”.
6.Computer will access the CD-ROM drive and may ask you to insert the
win95/98 CD-ROM.
7.Click ”Next” and wait for the computer to finish the job.
8.Go into the “Control Panel” and select the “Joystick” icon.
9.Select and add “Monster Game Pad” into the list.

Last edited:

Allnatural

I am using a N64 usb converter (xk-pc2004), and a original n64 controller, it works fine in windows 'games controller' settings, but i cannot make it work in game.
If it works there, it'll work in PJ64. Installing the driver won't fix your problem.

What happens when you try to configure the controller plugin?

OP
X

Xapthulhu

Nothing comes up when i try and configure it, it stays blank, only configures to my keyboard.

Unless i am doing something wrong in that department..

OP
X

Xapthulhu

I may be stating the obvious, but have you selected your controller from the drop-down menu?

Well that's the thing, in the instructions for the driver, it talks about you'll be able to select your controller as 'monster controller' instead of the 4 axis 16 button, which is currently my only option.