What's new

GeForce4 TI 4200

top bloke

i went to best buy to buy a new card, i was gonna get a geforce3 ti 200 64 meg agp, but the guy in the store told me to wait a week and i can get a GeForce4 TI 4200 for the same price.... so said i'll look into it

i have not seen these card ANYWHERE, should i wait for it? and whould this card have better performance than gf3 ti? or is it just like the gf4 mx?

Allnatural

If the price is the same, I'd wait. The clock speed of the GF4 Ti 4200 is on-par with the GF3 Ti 500, but with a slightly faster core. The GF3 Ti 200 is hampered by much slower memory.

And no, the 4200 is not like the MX, thank goodness.:)

Last edited:
OP
T

top bloke

thanks, but in this article they are testing the 128 meg GeForce4 TI 4200. i was planning on buying the 64 meg version.
would there be much of a difference in performance?

also, will this card support direct x 8.1? i got tony hawk 3, and it simply refuses to run on my voodoo3, it needs a dx8.1 compatible card.

Allnatural

Q 1.) Performance should be generally the same, unless they clock the cards differently. Better do some research.

Q 2.) The card is DX8.1 compliant.

Slougi

Allnatural said:
Q 1.) Performance should be generally the same, unless they clock the cards differently. Better do some research.
The 128MB version is clocked slower. But as said at the end of the Anandtech article (if it's the one i think it is) it's worth getting the 128MB version and overclocking it to the speeds of the 64MB version, which should pose no problem.

Allnatural

Slougi said:

The 128MB version is clocked slower. But as said at the end of the Anandtech article (if it's the one i think it is) it's worth getting the 128MB version and overclocking it to the speeds of the 64MB version, which should pose no problem.
Does one of them use the BGA memory, or do they both use TSOP packaging?