What's new

trouble using ROMS on Mupen64

bfromthablock

Hey guys, I know absolutely nothing about emulators and I really need your help. I had tried to download pj64, only to find that my computer kept trying to install it again and again without working for some reason. So I downloaded Mupen 64, which has worked, though I cannot seem to get any roms onto it. I downloaded 'harvest moon' which I have been trying for ages now to play, and put it into a ROM folder as harvest moon 64 (U) [!].zip. when I try to load it through Mupen however it says 'choose graphics plugin at configuration dialogue'. What does this mean? I am not sure if the game I have downloaded or the emulator is wrong? please help. :(

Tillin9

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Goto Options -> Configure, in the resulting dialogue there will be a plugins tab. You then select your plugins and for Blight Input configure your controller.

I believe this is your problem and it should be an easy fix. However, if not, please include your OS and which version of Mupen you're working with. This should be fixed in trunk (sane defaults) but might not be in the Windows port.

OP
B

bfromthablock

Thankyou for answering. Well I opened Mupen 64 and went to options, and then settings, and then in video plugin I changed it from direct 64 to nemu 64 graphics. I could not find anything about blight input? Then when I tried to run harvest moon it said it could not open the following file 'mupen64_rsp_hle.dll' and proceeded to close down. The version I have downloaded is mupen64 0.5.1 on a windows xp system. I am really unsure of what to do?

Tillin9

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I'm not sure if you're aware but there's a much newer Windows port, which should work much better. http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=44284 You'll need .7zip support to get it from the archive.

As far as the 0.5.1 error, I'm not really that sure. It almost sounds like you have a bigger problem, that your windows installer is messed up, as both Project64 couldn't install and Mupen seems to not have its configure directories (where it can find the plugin dlls) set up properly.

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
This is not a mupen64 0.5.1 forum, and that version is not supported anymore. But I must agree with Tillin9, it seems like M$ Windoze is broke. Best of luck.

- okaygo