What's new

Logitech Dual Action and Logitech Rumble 2 issues. Please Help

Void Chameleon

I apologize if I may be posting this in the wrong area. I've been attempting to get a working a controller that runs smoothly with project 64, and keep seeming to run into problems.

I bought a Logitech Dual Action Controller only to find that, after successful calibration, and joymap config, that I get no response in roms when I push forward on the joystick. I have read on the forums and currently do not have the logitech profiler installed as was recommended by others.

Seeing that I was having no luck, I purchased the Logitech Rumble 2 Controller as some people said it behaved better. Unfortunately, I receive the same issue. Is this an ongoing issue with Logitech controllers, or am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the profiler is a part of the drivers, if you don't have it installed, then you don't have the drivers installed either.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Indeed. The Dual Action is known for having loads of problems, however, the Rumblepad 2 is a different matter. said controller works flawlessly over here, with the official drivers from Logitech (Profiler included, of course).

OP
V

Void Chameleon

I've attempted to use the controller with drivers installed as well, and still receive issues. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. However, I have yet to install drivers for the rumble game pad, I'll try that and see if it resolves the issue.

OP
V

Void Chameleon

I have just tried using the rumble 2 controller with drivers, but I still receive the same error. I'm not sure what I might be missing. If anybody has any other suggestions please let me know.

Thank you

jadeanderson

I couldn't get that controller to work with PJ64 until I ran the mini installation cd that came with it. After that it was perfect.

It worked with several other games using the drivers XP found for it, but not PJ64.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
download logitech gaming software 5.01, and update to that.
Then download the nrage v2 plugin from this forums plugin board.

OP
V

Void Chameleon

It turned out it was the plugin. Both controllers work now. I had Jabo's Direct Input7 1.5 set as the plugin instead of Nrage V2. Everything works perfectly, thank you so much. Both controllers operate fine now.