What's new

Majora's Mask Hanging

Shambler

I have a couple problems with Majora's Mask. But the big problem is that the game hangs after the grandmother reads me the longer story on the second day. The game just goes to a black screen but I can hear the fireplace crackle sound and the frame rate is still ticking.

BTW, after the first 30 posts I found, I didn't think they were new enough to be relevant anymore so I stopped searching.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
1. What are your computer specs and graphics card?
2. Is your ROM a good dump
3. Do you have the latest RDB update?

OP
S

Shambler

1. My computer shouldn't be the problem.

2.8 GHz Pentium 4
ATI Radeon X1300 w/ 512 MB VRAM
1GB RAM
Intel Motherboard

2. Since I have yet to have any other serious problems, I am going to say that yes, this is a good dump. Although it is described as (E) (M4) (v1.0) and IDK what (M4) means.

3. I have the one that came with 1.6. I tried finding a newer one but I did not actually find one.

Last edited:
OP
S

Shambler

Well, I've discovered a solution. Using Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6, I had to set 'Full Screen Sync' to "Transfer Memory" and 'Direct3D Clear Mode' to "Only Per Frame". I found that when I only set one of these options, the game still freezes. I also tried this on another computer with different hardware (2.2GHz Pentium 4, GeForce4 TI 4200 w/ 128 MB VRAM, 768MB RAM, Biostar motherboard) and found these setting necessary to continue past this part of the game.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No, it would not. M# is always used when a game has more than one selectable language, i.e. most PAL games.

X-Fi6

M = Multi language, so it refers to the number of languages that can be selected in the game.
OH

Well M alone means that the game is Mono. That's where I got mixed up.

Anyways no it is not a hacked ROM at all. In fact it WOULD be hacked if it didn't have M4 yet it was still PAL.

Last edited:

Clements

When the (M#) symbol is used, it means the extra languages are added in by the official localisation team. (M#) does not mean it is hacked. That would be [b#], [o#], [f#] etc.

In particular, people in countries that use PAL tend to not all speak English, so the game will often have more than one language selectable.

Last edited: