What's new

Access Violation

Sir_Seercrull

whenever i start playing a game i get a message "While processing graphics data an exception occured, you may need to restart the emulator" i have tried this to no avail, what should i do?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Do you by any chance have an Intel graphics chip? If so, switch to Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin.

If not, make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date, and your ROM is good.

water_dogg

hey i had the same problem as Sir_Seercrull, and i did as you said Agozer about switching to Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin. that fixed my Access Violation but it gave me another problem. the graphics look trippy. its like they almost hang up. does anyone have any idea's why this is happening? and oh yeah, my sound "skips" also, could anyone also give me a reason why this is happening and how to fix it other than turning off the sound? the only game that i am really trying to play is Wave Race 64, one of my all time favorites, and the music is really soothing. so if anyone has any suggestions or solutions, please give them to me. Thanks in advance.

water_dogg

well thanks, that fixed my video problem, which is quite nicely now, i still have the audio that sounds like it skips, and now when i go to the Options-->Settings it says that there is an error and the error says. "This applications has failed to start because d3dx9_34.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." then i click the ok box. then another error pops up that says "Failed to load plugin: C:\Program Files\Project64.16\Plugin\RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll" which is where i installed the plugin at. and then i click ok on that box and then the settings pop up and everything seems fine. any suggestions on why it is doing this or how i can possibly fix this, or should i just leave it be?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Get yourself the missing DirectX DLL and put it in the Project64 folder. alternatively, download the latest DirectX runtimes.

Abou those trippy colors, make sure that you have installed the latest drivers for your graphics chip.

Last edited: