What's new

Simple Mario 64 problem (hopefully)

MC3

Hey I've tried a whole slew of different plug-ins and I can't seem to fix one minor thing. Mario's face is all black as well as princess toadstool's hair. Also, half of Mario's body is black during gameplay. Is there anything I can do or is it my video card? Here's my specs:

PIII 800 MHz
256 MB RAM
8MB ATI RAGE Mobility (It's a laptop)

I think right now I'm using Jabo's D3D 6 1.4, but I've also been using D3D 7, and just about every other one I can get my hands on. . . thanks for any help.

Last edited:
OP
M

MC3

I've tried that with all the plug-ins and it doesn't do anything. . .one thing I've noticed is that I can see some red in mario's hat and some of the color in his eyes when I use the D3D 7 and D3D 6 1.3 plug-ins. It appears as if the black is "covering" the actual color. Kinda strange. . .

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Sadly, to say the truth, it's your video card.
If it doesn't work with Corn, then you probably have to live with it or get a new video card.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
hmmm... i'm not sure if i was correct... here is what he wrote a long time ago:

Now, here it is Corn 0.01. Well, I think it should be called a ATI-RagePro-work-around version. Because in order to make mario look properly on ragepro, I had to use unusual (sometimes even incorrect) methods to implement some combine modes such as the river water and mario's hat. After I upgrade my video card, I may no longer use those incorrect methods, although they works for mario. That means, you probably will not be able to see transparent water on a ragepro with later releases.

Ketil

From the PJGamefaq
Why is Mario's head black?
Your graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements (or you have a graphics card driver problem). The solution of course is to get a better graphics card...

Download the PJGamefaq here

Last edited:

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Ogy said:
hmmm... i'm not sure if i was correct[/i]
Well...Shall I post a sreenshot of Corn running on our school-PCs? I tell you, Corn is not playable on a ATI Rage!!!