What's new

Sound problems!

armanmoo

:plain: I have a sound problem :plain:

I use project 64 emulator and I play Zelda: Ocarina of time, weirdly enuff the sound is weird!
it is lagging some times and some times not!
not incredilag, but small lag here and there, repeadetly...
how can I fix this...?
I tried Jabo's and zilmar's audio plugins, but no change :saddam: :plain:

Gamer96

King of the Mushroom Kingdom
Sound Problems!

Hi, Yes. I have the same exact problem! :(

My specs are Windows XP Pro SP2 400MHZ 128MB of normal RAM. 16MB of Video Card RAM. It is a Voodoo Banshee video card. ;)

Any help would be nice. and seriously, for the author of this topic, I have no idea...:saddam:

synx

I had the problem until I switched in 'Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2' plugin.

The sound still cracks when flipping through the inventory, but nowhere near as bad during regular gameplay as it is with jabo's or zilmar.

From what I gather, the crackling has less to do with your specs, and everything to do with the plugins, since my rig absolutely demolishes the recommended specs.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Hi, Yes. I have the same exact problem! :(

My specs are Windows XP Pro SP2 400MHZ 128MB of normal RAM. 16MB of Video Card RAM. It is a Voodoo Banshee video card. ;)

Any help would be nice. and seriously, for the author of this topic, I have no idea...:saddam:

your computer sucks, its below the minimum requirements, and i don't see how anyone will be able to provide the help need to even make it attempt to work

Even if there is a way to do so, i would expect your computer would melt, trying.

Gamer96

nah, the games run fine, squall_leonhart. It's just the audio.

Like, Mario Kart 64 won't do the sounds right.. but Hydro Thunder will... hmm... I'll try what synx said. :)

GamerAeon

your computer sucks, its below the minimum requirements, and i don't see how anyone will be able to provide the help need to even make it attempt to work

Even if there is a way to do so, i would expect your computer would melt, trying.

I don't even see how they're running WinXP SP2 with THAT kinda spec :plain:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
heh, you think that sound is FUBAR, check out Top Gear Rally. It has no sound at all! OMGBBQ POTATOECHIPSANDSALSA!!!1

Gamer96

you guys don't understand.. I can run games fine. even with my specs. and I was just wondering what sound plugin.. sheese. do ya hafta jump on me like that?

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
If that's to me, sorry, didn't mean to jump on ya. It's all in good humor... Potato chips and salsa, hehehe.

The plain and simple fact is a processor like that and a video card with only 16MB video RAM is hardly ideal for emulation. But if it really does seem to work well enough, you could try the "Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2" audio plugin. It's supposed to be particularly good at reducing crackle in the sound. You might also try using the Rice video plugin, specifically for the frame skip. It's worked wonders on my laptop, and may help to reduce some of your video card-based lag, because with a rig like that it's probably your biggest problem.

Gamer96

Nah, it wasn't directed at you. ;)

at the other guys. ;)

and I'll do what you said. :) Thanks for tips, p_025. :D

see ya guys

Clements

Gamer96 should try Glide64 as a graphics plugin, 1964 as an emulator, and perhaps one of Azimer older HLE plugins (such as 0.40 beta 2) and no RSP plugin. That sort of arrangement should be pretty good for a wider range of games.